Hi to all!!

rocktrade

Reaction score
Another music fan from the UK.

Having grown up in the 60's and 70's, I find myself returning to the music of that time for the sheer quality and innovation.

I used to listen to Pink Floyd, Bowie, Hawkwind, Deep Purple & Grand Funk to name but a few as a teenager. During the 80's and 90's I would thumb through my record collection. I would bypass ' Dark Side Of The Moon' and Led Zep IV, as they were too familiar, too ingrained in my brain. But over the last 5 years or so I found a new enjoyments and freshness in thes classic albums by classic rock (whether prog/metal/aor) artists and renewed enjoyment.

In doing so, I have started to explore the artists who influenced the bands that I grew up with. Whether it is John Mayall, Jeff Beck Band, Hendrix, Neil Young , Dylan, Nick Drake or Peter Green.

I have come to realise there is still a wealth of music undiscovered by me that is as relevant today as it was then.

So my collection grows and my bank balance whithers. But what hell!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Always nice to add another voice to our chorus, welcome to CRF Rocktrade.:tup:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Having grown up in the 60's and 70's, I find myself returning to the music of that time for the sheer quality and innovation.

Yes, that's a great place to go for quality and innovation!

:ws:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
...I have started to explore the artists who influenced the bands that I grew up with. Whether it is John Mayall, Jeff Beck Band, Hendrix, Neil Young , Dylan, Nick Drake or Peter Green.

Good stuff! Those are precisely the places I like to help people explore.

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online