Hericane Alice

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
HERICANE ALICE

Having formed in Minnesota during the 1980's, Hericane Alice didn't hit the radar on any level until the release of their second album Tear The House Down in 1990.

Labelmates with Skid Row on Atlantic Records, Hericane Alice disappeared almost as quickly as they came onto the scene, though they did eventually reform for one-off shows on multiple occasions (such as you'll see below).

I highlight them because they were one of the more enjoyable "unknown" hair bands that I discovered during my days of raiding the cd and cassette bargain bins of various music stores during my teens.

The 1990 album Tear The House Down went out of print sometime later that decade and for a time, it was a pretty big money maker (the CD version) on Ebay, going for upwards of $50 on occasion. However, upon the first Hericane Alice reformation, some small US label reissued the recording and the bottom fell out of the used market, but it also allowed people who missed them the first time around to sample them or people who only owned the cassette to finally get the cd.

In the meantime, here is a little Then and Now on this lesser known but still interesting hair band "blip on the radar."

The first clip is from their best known recording. The second clip is a more current one from a recent gig of theirs.

Finally at the bottom, I will link my favorite song from this group's rather modest/small catalog. Enjoy/revolt :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
As I said in your profile man nice thread! :cheers2 After listening to these guys they have a solid sound and I'm surprise they weren't bigger than they were! Perhaps they were missing that one crucial power ballad that most of those bands had! :D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
As I said in your profile man nice thread! :cheers2 After listening to these guys they have a solid sound and I'm surprise they weren't bigger than they were! Perhaps they were missing that one crucial power ballad that most of those bands had! :D

These guys had a power ballad that was all right, though I had trouble finding a video for it to link.

However, it wasn't released as a single if I remember right!

I'm also not sure how I feel about their band name, especially with the creative spelling of Hurricane. Then again, there was already a rock band who owned the name "Hurricane." *shrugs*

BTW, I've got a list of about 25 bands I'm itching to start threads for. Not just 80's but also people from the 90's and 00's who I have yet to see threads for.

All I need is the time and a little research :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online