Help: alternative rock song from the 90s (?)

laverc

█ █ █ █ █
Reaction score
Back in the 90s, i used to have a k7 tape with songs i recorded from radio station's specials, and one of them featured then up and coming alternative / indie rock bands. Unfortunately, i don't have my k7's anymore, and though i was able to "rescue" almost everything i had on them, thru the internet, there's this one song i completely forgot the name or who plays, and so, could never hear it again... I'll follow with everything i remember about the song:

- Quite sure the song is played with nothing but the 3 basic instruments (guitar, bass and drums), and opens with them all playing together. I think there is no keyboards or something like that. Male singer, and his voice is quite calm throughout the song, no screams.

- Quite probably, the band is/was from U.K, and the song from sometime between middle / late 90s.

- It has that traditional alternative rock formula based on clean verses / distorted choruses. The verses were quite "calm", and there was also a pre-chorus (featuring lyrics like "entertainment is the overload", or something like that) which is quite calm too. The parts where the guitar got distortion aren't very heavy or dirty, also.

-About the chorus' lyrics, i can't remember much, only that they seemed to start with "I..." / "I am", and at some point, is followed with something like "... electric glove".

- The song's structure (possibly) is: verse-pre chorus-chorus, verse-pre chorus-chorus, bridge/solo(?), pre chorus-chorus. The last words that are sang are "I'm asking, do you feel okay", about 2 times. The singer follows with some brief vocalizations as the songs fades out(?).

Sorry for being vague, last time i heard this song was over 12 years ago. I've already tried google all the lyrics' parts i posted above, but wasn't successful. If necessary, i can record myself singing the song's melody and post that here.

Any clues?

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online