Heart - Heart (1985)

zedrix

Reaction score
"Never" was my favorite song from Heart, I love most of their songs though.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of 70's Heart, and their early 80's stuff rocks, but it's kinda hit-n-miss. I hated this when it came out but now I like it somewhat. I just wish the I'd stop hearing the hits everywhere I go because the album itself isnt half bad in it's original form, preferably on vinyl.

opera races

Reaction score
Very sensible review and excellent follow-up comments that explain a lot of things for me. Thank you Whalerfan!

About the only reason why I have a copy of this album (on vinyl) is I found it at the local thrift shop for a dollar!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Overall a good honest review of this album....but I have got to disagree with you over the track "The Wolf " which was panned . Sorry but I LOVE it !! Classic HEART !! :bow:

scarabus

Reaction score
Love The Wolf also.

When it was released I thought it was a good album (8 out 10).
But after years it was only on the shelf for show.
Bought the cd later and thought the production was 'thin'.
Haven't played it for years.
Dream Boat Annie and Dog & Butterfly are quite often in my cd player or Iphone.

Marbles

Reaction score
Re: Heart - Heart (self titled)

I feel that this album doesn't deserve the bad rap it gets. I prefer 70's Heart (Dreamboat is my fave album of theirs) but there isn't a bad song to be heard on this album either. Much much better than Bad Animals and Brigade.

I was about to post exactly the same comments. I much prefer earlier Heart but the eponymous album is much better than its successors. I generally loathed everything about the poodle perm era but made some allowances for bands that I'd liked previously, such as Heart and Whitesnake.

Having seen Heart supporting Queen on their "Hot Space" tour, the comparison with Heart's "Bad Animals" tour, the next time that I saw them, was striking. In '82 they were awesome - whilst I loathed every minute of the later gig, one of the worst that I've ever been to.

BobThompson

Reaction score
My three favorites on this album are If Looks Could Kill, The Wolf, and Shell Shock. Never is good too, but not a fan of other hits from this album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online