Heart - Dog & Butterfly (1978)

BobThompson

Reaction score
This and Little Queen are their most essential albums IMO, certainly of their 70s incarnation. The "Butterfly" side is a masterpiece, and the "Dog" side would be too if they rocked a little harder like LQ does.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
This and Little Queen are their most essential albums IMO, certainly of their 70s incarnation. The "Butterfly" side is a masterpiece, and the "Dog" side would be too if they rocked a little harder like LQ does.
Agree. But it's still a masterpiece of an album. :bow::bow: It's a pity that Heart went the cheesy pop route in the 80's which tends to deflect attention from these gems. :cloud:

BobThompson

Reaction score
Agree. But it's still a masterpiece of an album. :bow::bow: It's a pity that Heart went the cheesy pop route in the 80's which tends to deflect attention from these gems. :cloud:

True, but Heart went that route pretty much as the market dictated in order to survive; Aerosmith, Kiss, Alice Cooper and a ton of other groups took a 'hair metal' detour too.

I'll give them credit, they did that genre as well or better than anyone else. I wish their record company had released a few more of their rockers as singles during that period instead of pigeonholing them as a power ballad band. There are a few tracks from those late 80s/early 90s albums that are awesome.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I'll give them credit, they did that genre as well or better than anyone else. I wish their record company had released a few more of their rockers as singles during that period instead of pigeonholing them as a power ballad band. There are a few tracks from those late 80s/early 90s albums that are awesome.

Agree again. Don't get me wrong, I have all the 80's and 90's albums and listen to them quite often. It's just that their 70's stuff was truly awesome. They're kind of like Genesis in that regard.

scarabus

Reaction score
Thanks for the review
To me DBA, LQ and D&B are Heart's best albums

Schmetterling

Reaction score
I concur with Scarabus that the above mentioned three were/are their best albums. I would even go as far as saying that D&B is my favourite of the three.....

ambil

Reaction score
great review
o.png

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online