Hawkwind (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Going to see them here in NYC in October they are doing the same tour.
LG only original member is Dave Brock although Tim Blake(Gong) played with hawkwind from 79-81.

Thanks AK, so many of these old bands are down to one original member carrying on but as long as it's one of the original founders then it's legit.

Hope you get some good photos as usual.:tup:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I would settle for seeing any lineup of Hawkwind, just to say I'd seen them live. Nik Turner's current band has shown that it is possible to capture the spacey hard rock feel of Hawkwind, even without the big names (apart from Turner himself of course).

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Cancelled

Hawkwind US Tour Postponed.
From the bands Facebook Page:
As many of you will now be aware, Dave was taken ill a couple of weeks ago. Doctors have confirmed that his condition is stress related, aggravated by the trademark dispute in the United States which could result in years of litigation.

After enduring a series of tests, Dave has now been advised that it could be dangerous to his health to embark on a grueling 14,000 mile tour at this time.

After much discussion about possible ways forward, the members of the band have reluctantly decided that it is necessary to reschedule the dates to March 2014, rather than putting Dave's health at unnecessary risk. (New dates for each venue will be announced next week)

Whilst we understand that this will come as a big disappointment to those of you who have booked tickets, as it does to ourselves, we are equally sure that you will understand health concerns must take priority.

Totally gutted!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That seems a little like putting the cart in front of the horse to me...I mean why didn't Brock do some footwork first before announcing a US tour schedule, then he would have realized the legal situation would have to be resolved first.

Hope he gets over being stressed out by all this soon.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Just got an email they rescheduled the US dates for March 2014

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Hawkwind were on blistering form last night, absolutely awesome. They gave us a blast from the past covering songs from the "Warrior On The Edge Of Time" album as well as other favourites. Great visuals once again, top night.

512gea.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.