7. Beaten, Broken, Etc.
8. Rock-n-Roll Dog
9. Spell On Me
10. Little Short
11. Bloodsucker
12. Magnificent Bastard

"Hey fellas, if you're lookin' for trouble you've come to the wrong place"

"@#*+ %$#"

"Oh yeah! You're about to become dog food. Hey Floyd! Let the hounds loose".

3-and-Half-Star-Review-Rating.gif

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Shockingly, I know of this band. I have their 2005 album Scars n' Bars. Sadly though, I have only listenend to it like 2-3 times. Just not enough time in a day to listen to everything I have...........

joe

Reaction score
They come from your neck of the woods, though they sound like they're from the Confederacy.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
American Dog are a cool band. I have heard a few of their releases at one of my friends house but unfortunately don't own anything by them. This one sounds really good.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They come from your neck of the woods, though they sound like they're from the Confederacy.

You think they sound like southern rock? (Confederacy) :heheh:

They do have a southern twang every now and then, but for the most part the album I have sounds more like sludgey grunge, IMO .........

I picked up the Bars n' Scars album thinking it was going to be straight up southern jam :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I'm with Joe on this one. More of a Southern 80's sound ..Jackal etc. Sludge is way different then this ( and IS southern BTW) and what is grunge !?!?!? Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. those bands sound nothing alike so there is no grunge "sound", IMO.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
But they sure dont fit the southern jam sound of Skynyrd either. Nor do they fit in with 38 Special, Rossington Collins, Louisiana LeRoux, Molly Hatchet or any of the other 80's southern rock bands........

If I am not mistaken, DKW, this is why they call American Dog a post-grunge band instead of a southern rock band ;)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
But they sure dont fit the southern jam sound of Skynyrd either. Nor do they fit in with 38 Special, Rossington Collins, Louisiana LeRoux, Molly Hatchet or any of the other 80's southern rock bands........

If I am not mistaken, DKW, this is why they call American Dog a post-grunge band instead of a southern rock band ;)

Those bands were 70's bands that moved into the 80's forming different bands.
I should have said 90's and later southern metal /hard rock ..Jackal ,Nashville Pussy etc.

Anyone can call something "post grunge" and write it down and then have a few few people repeat it ...their still wrong. Gotta go :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in the end....does it really matter what label is tagged on a band? We each have our own personal definitions. What should matter is that we listen to the music :tup:

joe

Reaction score
in the end....does it really matter what label is tagged on a band? We each have our own personal definitions. What should matter is that we listen to the music :tup:

I used to be anal about tagging/labeling an artist/abum with sub-genres/sound/style/structure etc. I've come to conclusion about two weeks ago that it doesn't matter but like you said, all that matters is what you hear.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.