Happy thanksgiving!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tradition, they used to show 2 games during the day, and Detroit and Dallas were always the hosts. Now they've added a late game, the one that would have been on Sunday evening is shifted to tonight, Pittsburgh at Baltimore.

People feast during the day, then sit down and watch football, well the guys do anyway. Of course some might wait till Sunday to have their turkey dinner too, not being American I'm just guessing.:think:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I guess all the celebrations of the day with the feasting and drinking equals wanting to just relax and veg out in front of the box with something like a good game to occupy :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I always feel sleepy after eating turkey...so you are right flopping in front of the telly to watch a game is natural.

They get 4 days too which is nice makes a proper party possible.:hab: :gig

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yeah the four days hols is something I didn't know about until today. Do you get public holidays for your Thanksgivings?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We get a 3 day holiday weekend in October which is nice but 4 days is even better.:)

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I seriously doubt whether most Americans spent yesterday watching football, even for the Superbowl they reckon about 30% of US homes have the TV switched on. I watched some of each of the earlier games, and then last night all of the 3rd game, but the other two games it was mainly just on in the background whilst we cooked and ate dinner and did other stuff, we're like the bloomin von Trapps!!!....we always play music on those occasions, we have a violin (my wife) and a pianist, a clarinet, and a guitar (the kids) and I provide vocals and hit anything I can lay my hands on with my prized couple of drum sticks that were given to me about 15 years ago by David Kemper after a concert in Virginia Beach (he used to play drums with Bob Dylan's band) So, again, Happy Holidays!!!

:drummin:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online