Happy Birthday Freddie!

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Freddy Mercury would've been 65 today. A true legend, very sadly missed.

I'm loving today's Google Doodle - an animated tribute to Freddie.

On the Google blog Brian May has paid tribute to Freddie, "He devoured life. He celebrated every minute. And, like a great comet, he left a luminous trail which will sparkle for many a generation to come.''

Indeed. Here's to Freddie :cheers2

Last edited:

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Bless this thread!

My husband pulled up the Google front page on his phone and his response was, "Is this what I think it is?" ... it was! I nearly cried, it was fantastic.

Happy birthday Freddie. Wish you were here. I know that you're blowing kisses and saying I love you all to us fans from heaven.

7485-freddie-mercury.jpg

We love you!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I miss Freddie dearly. He and I shared this planet for only a few short months before his passing and I really think that part of what maintains his legendary, larger than life status is his privacy. The last footage of Freddie is from the video for "These Are the Days of Our Lives" and even as sick as he was when that was filmed he still maintained his grace and eloquence. I think because Freddie didn't give interviews or even let himself be seen when he got really really sick that forces people to remember him as the man that could command stadiums instead of for how feeble he must have gotten at the end of his life. Elvis for example was so visible unhealthy at the end of his life and that overweight, jumpsuit wearing version of himself is the part that a lot of people remember first. Freddie did not have that problem though (or at least not nearly on the scale it could have been on) and I believe that is a one reason why his shoes have remained so large and unfillable over all these years.

In the beginning Freddie sounded great (recorded in 1973)...

And up to end he sounded just as great, which is not something most singers can say...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I watched a documentary last winter about Freddie, and it was excellent. I even had tears in my eyes during the last part.

He was one of the best showmen in music history, and his memory and his band have continued to live on long after his passing, the ultimate sign of respect and affection I would have to say.

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
One of the musicians that got me into Classic Rock. Happy Birthday, Freddie.

freddie-12.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online