Hank Williams Sr (Official Thread)

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Re: Hank Williams Sr

One of my favorite Hank Williams tunes..

This is one of the vinyl "Greatest Hits" albums I have.

hank20williams20x220SE4755-2.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I only know two Hank Williams Sr. tunes, Move It On Over, and Honky Tonkin'.

Isn't one of his most famous songs "Your Cheatin' Heart"...:hm:

Or is that Hank Snow...:think:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On August 20, 1997, a 50 mile stretch of Interstate 65 was dedicated to Hank Sr. The highway was named Hank Williams Memorial Lost Highway. The stretch of road begins in his boyhood hometown of Georgiana, AL and runs north to his burial town of Montgomery, AL.

lsthwy.jpg

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
My parents were huge country music fans so I heard a lot of it growing up.
I think you're right LG, Your Cheatin' Heart was probably his most remembered song along with I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry and Cold, Cold Heart.
He was only 29 when he died.

Slim Pickens

Reaction score
For all Hank fans, I've just released an album of Hank songs called "Hankering". You can check it out here...slimpickens.com.au

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Used to love hoisting a few with friends and family while listening to an awesome compilation full of country music historical significance called "24 Greatest Hits".Before Williams,a lot of country was stuff like Tex Ritter,Gene Autry and things like that that were fine,but in the final analysis,Hank Sr. did for country what the Beatles did for pop.He took his genre to new and astounding heights and re-invented it altogether.Still considered a major influence even to many of today's major country crooners.Sometimes,I actually liken him to early Bob Dylan in the sense that he had amazing folkie communication skills in regards to his audiences.Songs like "Tear in My Beer" among other heartbreakers are articulate to the point where you can virtually feel exactly what he was going through at the times he wrote these songs.That's a MAJOR hallmark of a truly great artist..............

sixtiesrocker

Reaction score
Yes: HANK WILLIAMS SR was a Legend!! It was a great idea, to start this thread!!

The: HANK WILLIAMS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION: 3 CD SET, is great!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online