Guruh Gypsy - Guruh Gypsy

RandolphCarter

Reaction score
I just have to present them, I couldn't find anything using the search function, so i guess they haven't really been mentioned here before.

th_699856678_Front_122_340lo.jpg

I could just copy the album review here, but I feel like I have to tell you how i experience the music of Guruh Gypsy.

What can I say? I love listening to their (unfortunately) only album. It has so much to offer: traditional indonesian music and instruments (e.g. they use some kind of chime in some of their songs which sometimes creates an obscure and mysterious atmosphere) mixed together with western progressive rock, including organ, piano, orchestra, snyths and a choir.
The lyrics are in indonesian which never really bothered me, since most of the music is pure instrumental trippy madness anyway ^^

But what am I trying here to get together some convincing sentences in English, when I can let the music speak for itself? :D

Luckily, the whole album is "available" on YouTube:

Guruh Gypsy - Guruh Gypsy

But for those of you who want to hear something RIGHT NOW, I'll give you this:

This is the opening song and with it you get a good impression of what you can expect from the rest of the album.

Enjoy! :D

P.s.: I'm not really happy with the sound quality of YouTube videos and i hope you take that in consideration. (The album itself is not that hard to find btw....) ^^

Link Removed LG.

saimun

Reaction score
that's the one of huge masterpiece of Indonesian music, Guruh Gipsy have present their very experimental sound with more ethnical sounds..

joe

Reaction score
Good stuff. :grinthumb

Avant/eclectic instrumentation covering various styles/sub-genres. Good thing they keep thier vocals/lyrics to a minimum. I'll check out the rest of the album on youtube.

saimun

Reaction score
ya ! great stuff, at the first time I heard it, it was very strange how to feel their amazing sounds..but, that stuff will blow up your ears and make more sense of good..
:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online