Guitarists?

Best guitarist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeesfan1967

Reaction score
monkeesfan1967 wrote:

A Rickenbacker is a an ordinary 6 string (most guitar players from then that used this guitar had a 12 string) that usually brings out a high, twangy tone that was popular for 60s pop groups. Lots of musicians come to mind when I think of Ric's. (Entwistle, Lennon, Harrison, Townshend, McGuinn)

Okay yes I can confirm that what McGuinn used is a 12 String - someone was calling it a Rickenbacker though at least I read about it somewhere?? :-o But as you probably know I don't know a great deal about my Guitars! :-(

For some reason though the Byrds stand out Musically when it comes to that high twangy tone though! :-o
One of the greatest reasons why the Byrds stand out among other groups, is their incredible harmonies and vocals provided by David Crosby.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
monkeesfan1967 wrote:

One of the greatest reasons why the Byrds stand out among other groups, is their incredible harmonies and vocals provided by David Crosby.

Yeah David Crosby was incrediable - I never understood why he was fired! I like the Byrds for Gene Clark as well - even though he didn't stay around, but it got me interested in his Music after he left the Byrds as well! :D

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
monkeesfan1967 wrote:

Yeah David Crosby was incrediable - I never understood why he was fired! I like the Byrds for Gene Clark as well - even though he didn't stay around, but it got me interested in his Music after he left the Byrds as well! :D

Gene Clark is pretty good.

monkeesfan1967

Reaction score
monkeesfan1967 wrote:

David was fired because of his remarks at the Monterey Pop Festival, such as his talks about controversial subjects at the time like the JFK assassination and the benefits of giving LSD to "every man, woman, and child" in the country.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
rollingstoned wrote:

Have you heard The Band sing "Stage Fright" - listen to the song carefully and you'll realise it's a song about Gene Clark. Yes I need to start building up some more songs from Gene Clark - particularly from the period before he was with the Byrds. The New Christy Minstrels is what I'd like to get my hands on - even though I've only ever heard one song from them on the radio - "Green, Green" - but they sound interesting and I also like Barry McGuire (which you hear on "Green, Green") - so it would be interesting group to have!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
monkeesfan1967 wrote:

David was fired because of his remarks at the Monterey Pop Festival, such as his talks about controversial subjects at the time like the JFK assassination and the benefits of giving LSD to "every man, woman, and child" in the country.

WOW!! I knew David was a bit of a Bad Boy - but I never thought he'd become controversial! His songs are great though - he seemed to be at his full potential when he got fired! :-o

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
rollingstoned wrote:

Have you heard The Band sing "Stage Fright" - listen to the song carefully and you'll realise it's a song about Gene Clark. Yes I need to start building up some more songs from Gene Clark - particularly from the period before he was with the Byrds. The New Christy Minstrels is what I'd like to get my hands on - even though I've only ever heard one song from them on the radio - "Green, Green" - but they sound interesting and I also like Barry McGuire (which you hear on "Green, Green") - so it would be interesting group to have!

I can't check it out right now cause YouTube is blocked at my school computers. I'll do it tonight.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I voted for Page on the poll.

I'll toss in Jorma Kaukonen from Jefferson Airplane, and Peter Green from the original Fleetwood Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online