Guardian

Mr. T

Reaction score
Although there are some fine musicians/bands mentioned in this thread, one not yet mentioned is one I found quite by accident... Guardian. Formed in the early '80s and originally called Fusion, their influences are definitely from the Sunset Strip scene that spawned Motley Crue, G'N'R and many others.

Their first album First Watch was released in 1989. They recorded a total of five albums but by far the best IMO, was their third, Miracle Mile, released in 1993 and reached the CCM chart Top Five.

2dsr1ub.jpg

WIKI Info

First Watch (1989)
Fire and Love (1991)
Miracle Mile (1993)
Swing, Swang, Swung (1994)
Buzz (1995)
Bottle Rocket (1997)

From the album's first track, "Dr. Jones and the Kings of Rhythm," to the end ballad "Do You Know What Love Is," Miracle Mile is a fantastic demonstration of Christian metal with a perfect mix of rockers and ballads. The lyrics are powerful, not preachy and the songwriting and production are razor sharp throughout. Capturing the band at its peak, Miracle Mile is one of the finest metal albums of the early '90s IMO... SERIOUSLY!!

I found full clips of all 12 songs on the album... hope you enjoy!!

1 - Dr. Jones And The Kings Of Rhythm

2 - Shoeshine Johnny - Miracle Mile

3 - Long Way Home - Miracle Mile

4 - I Found Love - Miracle Mile

5 - Sweet Mystery - Miracle Mile

6 - Let It Roll - Miracle Mile

7 - Mr. Do Wrong - Miracle Mile

8 - Curiosity Killed The Cat - Miracle Mile

9 - Sister Wisdom - Miracle Mile

10 - The Captain - Miracle Mile

11 - You And I - Miracle Mile

12 - Do You Know What Love Is - Miracle Mile

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never heard of them before TUNEZ, I'll be back tomorrow and give them a listen.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Listening to The Capital. Loving the vocalist a lot. I outta look into getting more from these guys.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Oh yes, my brother got me onto these guys 18 odd months ago. To be honest, always preferred them to Stryper!

Mr. T

Reaction score
Listening to The Capital. Loving the vocalist a lot. I outta look into getting more from these guys.

Yeh the vocalist is named Jamie Rowe, P&C, and i like him a lot also. If you like this then I'd also suggest their first 2 albums, First Watch or Fire And Love. They are in a similar sound but not quite as solid as this album. Jamie also sang with AdrianGale (another very overlooked band) on four albums after this. I'd recommend those also.

Oh yes, my brother got me onto these guys 18 odd months ago. To be honest, always preferred them to Stryper!

Me too RC... by a mile!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Cheers for the suggestions, i'll look into getting those in a day or two :grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score
^^^ Thanx Laurel. I wish more ppl would catch on to this band and specifically this album. :D

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Guardian since 1994 and have all of their cd's, as well as 2 live albums. This album was produced by John and Dino Elefante, both wrote many songs for Kansas back in the early 80's and John was Kansas's vocalist for a few years. Those two are incredible producers, they produced countless christian hard rock/heavy metal bands from the late 80's to the mid 90's.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online