Gryphon

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Trying to get all the titles. Got my first as vinyl ... I love them.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't know much about them, but after snooping a bit they sound like a really interesting band Iggy.

I love the cover of their debut.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
That's the album I have, and the one that got me into them, I love the little stories inside, and the humorous way they work with the songs.
I heard of them when they were touring with YES. Gorgeous guitar work and
very good musicians. Crumhorns rule! :D

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
That is a wicked album cover LG !
Going back to my school days I always remember a lad when asked who his favourite band were.....he said GRYPHON .Ofcourse me and my best freind were into groups like Hawkwind,Gong and Tull and suchlikes....we replied who???
we just thought he was going for a obscure band to outhip us. Years later on Alan Freemans rock show on the radio I happen to hear GRYPHON and was very......surprised..pleasantly ofcourse.
Never got round to buying any of their albums....but hearing them on you-tube I was impressed with their medeival/baroque sound.Great musicians.
Gryphon got together again to play live last year.
IGGY........you like a quality band !!:cheers2

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I saw them, also, when I was young on 'Blue Peter' [It's a children's programme, for you Statesiders, nothing mucky] My mind was taken with one of the guys who had a MASSIVE mop of hair. They went on to explain about the various instruments and suchlike. Guess I had/have an open mind about music, although I liked rock as a fave, I got into it, and also Al Stewart's work,
especially his lyrics. The diversity of good music is a joy to embrace. :mn:

joe

Reaction score
Red Queen to Gryphon Three is Gryphon's finest hour.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have heard of this band, I must get some of their albums, so so many to buy, when are we doing that bank heist Sox, LG?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have got Gryphon, Midnight Mushrumps and Red Queen to Gryphon Three now Sweaty...We had some plans for a heist a couple of months ago, but then Sox started working long hours and you disappeared as well. Maybe when the summer is over we can put our heads together and get the heist going again.;)

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
I didn't know if I should have put this in the prog rock section, as I have
heard them described as a prog rock band. The inner sleeve of Gryphon
is delightful .... I wonder can I take a pic of it? The album 'feels' quality,
if that makes sense? That's what I miss these days, with cds.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
They are good wherever you want to put them Iggy, and the folk section could use some new blood so I think Gryphon is fine right here.:grinthumb

I couldn't find an image of the inner sleeve of the vinyl album to post that you like so much, but I'll keep looking and see if I can find it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Staff online

Members online