Great Bands That Would Be Better If They Had A Better Singer

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Led Zeppelin.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Zep, but Robert Plant's a very technically skilled singer with a nice, high voice. I don't like singers with nice voices. I think that a grittier singer would have served the band better. But, as always, who cares what I think?

SchindlerHaughton

Reaction score
Led Zeppelin.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Zep, but Robert Plant's a very technically skilled singer with a nice, high voice. I don't like singers with nice voices. I think that a grittier singer would have served the band better. But, as always, who cares what I think?

I see what you mean; it's really just a matter of taste.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin.

I agree 100% about nice voices... there are exceptions to the rule, but for the most part they are more boring than CSPAN. But I think Robert Plant falls into the category of untraditional singers as well. Especially live... I mean after the early 70s Plant sounded like a whailing chimpanzee live...

I love it. I mean, Zep was my favorite band when I was a tot and they used to blow my mind every day of the week, but that was a long time ago and I would have gotten bored of them by now if not for their raw, many would say sloppy, live performances. Leaves lots of interesting stuff for me to discover!

CREAM'd

Reaction score
What singer would have been more suitable to Led Zeppelin?

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I can't think of any. IMO Robert is the voice of that band. Just great! :grinthumb

I wholeheartedly agree,with any other singer it just wouldn't sound like Led Zeppelin(if you know what i mean). He was really well suited for Led Zeppelin,sounded fantastic to me. He's the last person i'd think of changing in Led Zeppelin.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Definitely Wishbone Ash. Great interplay between great musicians but for the most part pretty bland vocals and harmonies.

Aero

Reaction score
Camel - As talented as Andrew Latimer was, he was not a great singer.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin.

Jimmies first choice was Terri Reid. He turned it down.
He also turned down lead singer spot for Deep Purple.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online