Gorillaz (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: The new Gorillaz album is coming out soon

Finally got this c.d. as well as the debut! I really like this song off of the new c.d.! It's smooth and goofy which is a rare combo! :grinthumb

Superfast Jellyfish

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have the CD, and really was not all that impressed with it. Demon Days still stands as Gorillaz best album so far, IMO

Plasticbeach452.jpg

I do like this song, reminds me of something Bowie would do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I have the CD, and really was not all that impressed with it. Demon Days still stands as Gorillaz best album so far, IMO

Plasticbeach452.jpg

I do like this song, reminds me of something Bowie would do.

Ooooh! I liked that one Magic! We may be on different wavelengths on the Gorillaz as I'm liking these new tracks and I like the debut better than Demon Days. Then again I dabbled in the Gorillaz and enjoy a track or two here and ther rather than a band that I listen to the albums repeatedly! :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Gorillaz

Atrium introduced me to them about a year or so ago. At first I went...:thumbdown:

but wanted to be fair to a band he liked, so I listened to them casually more and more. They are a bit experimental and inconsistent for my tastes, but there are gems to be found on all 3 of their albums.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I've recently started listening to Gorillaz, I've given Demon Days, Plastic Beach and their self-titled albums a listen, these were a few of the highlights:

And the classic:

I've seen their new music video too, looking forward to the next album release! :grinthumb

Bocephus

Reaction score

I prefer blur.
I remember when The Gorillaz debuted with "Clint Eastwood", it was one of the worst songs i'd heard in my life.
Gorillaz is kind of a meting pot project and i love a few of the tracks on each album, i don't like their hip hop side becuase i don't like the genre but rapping is tolerabe if it's in small pieces like Stylo as it complements the other parts of the song.
I'd rank their albums
Gorillaz - 7
Demon Days - 9
Plastic Beach - 8

I've been a blur fan since the mid 90's but only bought The Gorillaz albums about a year ago, i was pleasently surprised.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am not familiar with Blur, but I consider Damon Albarn extremely talented, so I should probably check out Blur.

Can you tell me what Blur album is your favorite, and I will check it out :)

Has anyone checked out :

The_Fall_%28Gorillaz_album%29_cover.jpg

I am not impressed with this album at all. I would say Gorrillaz has lost me at Plastic Beach :uh:

Hillbilly Man Ft. Mick Jones on guitar

Bocephus

Reaction score

I am not familiar with Blur, but I consider Damon Albarn extremely talented, so I should probably check out Blur.

Can you tell me what Blur album is your favorite, and I will check it out :)

Has anyone checked out :

The_Fall_%28Gorillaz_album%29_cover.jpg

I am not impressed with this album at all. I would say Gorrillaz has lost me at Plastic Beach :uh:

Hillbilly Man Ft. Mick Jones on guitar

Top 5 blur albums:
1. Parklife (best tracks: End of a century, Parklife, Tracy Jacks)
2. The Great Escape (Stereotypes, The universal, charmless man)
3. blur (Song 2, Beetlebum, Look inside America)
4. Modern life is rubbish (Chemical world, Coping)
5. 13 (Coffee+TV, Tender, No distance left to run)

They're easily better than The Gorillaz imo, they're a straight up British rock band lyrically similar to The Kinks.
"blur" is probably their most Americanised alt-rock style album.

I would easily rank blur alongside the best 90's bands like Oasis, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam etc.

There is a track off the "blur" album called "On your own" which is probably the closest blur got to sounding like The Gorillaz.

Hope you like blur, they may be considered a polarizing band.:)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
It seems on the contrary to the consensus here, but I love The Fall! It's my favourite album of theirs so far, the mix of electronic synthy rythyms and acoustic melancholic themes is very pleasing to my ears. These tracks in particular are out of this world!

Aspen Forest:

The Joplin Spider:

Detroit:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online