Glastonbury Videos

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I'm going to the Glastonbury Festival down in the south of England in June, which ought to be quite something, a friend of mine who works with a concert promoter down in London came through with a couple of tickets for the weekend some months ago, so I thought why not. U2 are headlining on the Friday, which I can't wait for, the other two headliners on the Saturday and Sunday are Coldplay and Beyonce, both of which I could care less about, though at least there is music going on all over the site if you don't like what you're seeing on the two main stages. I'm getting way too old to sleep in a field for 4 nights straight with 200,000 festival nutters all around me snoring, so me and my friend are cheating and staying at a B&B place in Shepton Mallett, and walking up to the festival site each day!

Thought we could maybe have a Glastonbury video thread, there have been some amazing bands/artists at Glastonbury over the years. I'm told it is a pretty unique experience, there's no other festival in the world quite like it, as the music is only one element of lots of other weirdness going on all over the place! I think you can see from some of these clips that the crowds are really into it, Glastonbury/UK rock fans are pretty nuts apparently, so it could be a bit wild! Here's some IMO great live bands playing at Glastonbury in past years, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Springsteen, Radiohead, The Verve, Faithless, Oasis - if you have ever been there yourself, I'd appreciate any tips! Or you just want to share some clips from past years, go right ahead!

TheSound

Reaction score
Here's a few more 'Glastonbury Anthems'. I don't like Muse, but I confess they do put on a great show, plus some other (IMO) totally epic Glasto-highlights.

TheSound

Reaction score
Few more great moments, including Hey Jude by Macca, Stevie Wonder, and The Edge warming up for this year's U2 set at Glasto (can't wait!!) with Muse last year!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Looking at that list of videos I am feeling jealous having never attended Glastonbury.

Be careful with Muse TS, Tray is a huge fan of theirs...:peek

:D

TheSound

Reaction score
Looking at that list of videos I am feeling jealous having never attended Glastonbury.

Be careful with Muse TS, Tray is a huge fan of theirs...:peek

:D

I'm going in June, I can't wait, U2 are headlining one of the 3 days of the festival, though they won't have their monster 360 Degree Tour stage with them as they will be in the middle of a US tour and are just flying back to the UK for one show, but that's OK, I already saw them with that whole stage set thing that looks like it's about to take off!

Yeah, I know about Tray, he will love the Muse/Edge clip, though he probably already saw it. I don't like Muse's records much myself, though they do I believe put on a great live show, so credit where it is due.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You should visit the members picture thread in the off topic section TS, you would see that Tray is a very attractive lady...:grinthumb

TheSound

Reaction score
You should visit the members picture thread in the off topic section TS, you would see that Tray is a very attractive lady...:grinthumb

Oh dear, then I should apologise to her, my bad! Though to be fair if there is no quick way of establishing the gender of fellow posters, without first scrolling through 2,308 posts/photos, then it won't be the last time I (or anyone else) do that :uh: I'm still waiting for somebody to confuse me with the lady in my avatar, so I suppose it could be worse!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Members online