Reaction score
2qveelx.jpg

24y1kwm.jpg

Original Line-up

Dann Huff -Guitar, Vocals
Mike Brignardello - Bass
Alan Pasqua - Keyboards
David Huff - Drums

Do you remember the band Giant? Giant was an American melodic hard rock band that was formed in 1987 and were a great band of true musicians. When I say "true" musicians - I am not exaggerating. The quartet was not your average band of long-haired dreamers. No, these were seasoned session men and it shows with every note played. Their debut album, Last of the Runaways is amongst the best produced albums of the 80s hard melodic rock!

35179yt.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Giant

Yep, I remember them. The third song you posted has a great 80's rock sound to it, I Can't Get Close Enough. Love that tune

They had one (or maybe two) powerballads that I think got on the charts to, most notably I'll See You In My Dreams:

Lynch

Reaction score

Haven't listened to either of their albums from the late 80s/early 90s for a long time. Just gave I'm a believer a listen again. Brings back some memories. I remember the first time I heard the intro to Bad Company's "Holy Water", I thought it was Giant. The two tunes sounded similar (to me), at least the intros did.

Mr. T

Reaction score

Yep, I remember them. The third song you posted has a great 80's rock sound to it, I Can't Get Close Enough. Love that tune

They had one (or maybe two) powerballads that I think got on the charts to, most notably I'll See You In My Dreams

Right you are Lynch. Also this one...

Mr. T

Reaction score

Haven't listened to either of their albums from the late 80s/early 90s for a long time. Just gave I'm a believer a listen again. Brings back some memories. I remember the first time I heard the intro to Bad Company's "Holy Water", I thought it was Giant. The two tunes sounded similar (to me), at least the intros did.

Funny you should say that coz they always kinda reminded me of Toto meets Bad Company MKII. Especially this song...

Lynch

Reaction score

Yah, they are totally an AOR-type band. Good stuff though man. Thanks for bringing them up in a thread. I'm sure there are others here that will appreciate it. :)

Mr. T

Reaction score

Their second album was called Time To Burn (1992). I love this album!

6hjhab.jpg

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

I can't really say I knew anything about these guys besides "I'll See You in My Dreams", but I have to say, I'm enjoying what's been posted so far! Are their albums still in print, TUИEZ?

Mr. T

Reaction score

I can't really say I knew anything about these guys besides "I'll See You in My Dreams", but I have to say, I'm enjoying what's been posted so far! Are their albums still in print, TUИEZ?

These are out of print I believe RC but can still be found fairly easily. They also did 2 more that I'll get to soon! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online