Gerry Rafferty 'City to City' Turns 40

Marbles

Reaction score
^ I like Mattie's Rag too, it as about Gerry Rafferty's daughter (Martha). She contributed to a recent article in Classic Rock magazine. Contrary to what I have read and heard before, he lived with her in the years before his death.

Did you see the Gerry Rafferty Tribute Concert on BBC4 a year or so back? Joe Egan, Barbara Dickson and others, plus a contribution from Martha herself. If you didn't, it's worth a look when they repeat it.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Did you see the Gerry Rafferty Tribute Concert on BBC4 a year or so back? Joe Egan, Barbara Dickson and others, plus a contribution from Martha herself. If you didn't, it's worth a look when they repeat it.

No, I am aware of a tribute concert, but I did not know it was on BBC 4 and missed it somehow.

E-Z

Reaction score
Foo fighters cover of Baker Street.
I'm not entirely sure about that.
The Foo fighters covering Baker Street the mind boggles??. :p

It made me laugh when Dave said he was up for the drum stool at the Led Zeppelin O2 shows if asked back in 2007. :eek:

E-Z

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Ali Campbell sings this pretty well, but I don't like the reggae arrangment or the instrumentation. The syn drums are awful. The musicians remain faithful to Raf Ravenscroft's saxophone, but the zooming synth is conspicuous by its absence.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online