Gary Numan (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Many people I know speak well of Gary, as a nice decent guy who respects his fans .
As for meeting George Harrison Billy Im surprised you didnt collapse to your knees .......:bow::bow: Im not worthy...Im not worthy :heheh: I know I would of .
Heres Gary with another legend my friend engineer /keyboard player Andy who contibuted to THE REALM in our early days. He was obviously delighted to meet his hero.

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well I didn't get to meet him but I did meet the support band who were good. Gary was excellent, he played for nearly two hours, with a mixture of old and new. The place was packed with mainly middle aged people with some young people.

Glad I finally saw a full set with him, great to hear him do such a great job live as some artists can't cut it live.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I only know One song by Gary Numan, "Cars" and don't have any of his albums.:peek

But it's nice to know he's still touring and delivering the goods.:cheers:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Here in my car, I feel safest of all....

numan-logo.png

GaryNumanPIC4.jpg

Official Website

Tubeway Army (1978) (with Tubeway Army)
Replicas (1979) (with Tubeway Army)
The Pleasure Principle (1979) (Numan's first album under his own name)
Telekon (1980)
Dance (1981)
I, Assassin (1982)
Warriors (1983)
Berserker (1984)
The Fury (1985)
Strange Charm (1986)
Metal Rhythm (1988) (New Anger in the United States)
Automatic (1989) (With Bill Sharpe)
Outland (1991)
Machine and Soul (1992)
Sacrifice (1994) (Dawn in the US)
Exile (1997)
Pure (2000)
Hybrid (2003)
Jagged (2006)
Dead Son Rising (2011)

That's how the song goes but do you know more about gary Numan than his number one hit song CARS?? You probably do if you like his style of music...gary has had many interesting albums and songs over the last 30 years.

numan.jpg

B5VTD00Z.jpg

CARS

Are Friends Electric

Let's explore shall we? Gary still performs today as he started his 30th anniversary tour for Pleasure Principle in Mexico, October 2010!!

gary_numan_news_1253725049_crop_400x501.jpg

Gary.Numan.jpg

gary_numan.jpg

3737960625_714d4cf10d.jpg

gary-numan-woods.jpg

I'm only familiar with "Cars" Metal but the "Tubeway" song wasn't bad. This is the same type of music I'd listen to if I were in a mood for stuff like The Cars (no pun intended)! Just goofy eccentric 80's weirdness! :grinthumb

I am going to see Gary again next week in Sheffield, should be good to see him live again, can't wait to see him:)

Sounds a good gig Sweaty.....Gary Numan always puts on a good show
I saw Numan shortly after his "Pure " album. Impressive album and performance.
I seemed to have missed Gary in recent years.....despite being on the same bill as him twice !! Grrr ... the pleasures of being in a band hey ?
Record/ cd wise i have a handful of albums and numerous singles.
My favourites being "Pure" no surprise...very darkwave/industrial
I love "Replicas " Tubeway Army..."Pleasure principle" ....both very must have albums :cheers2

here another musician I totally enjoy didn't thing there would be any posts here...:oyea::grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online