Gary Moore vs Robin Trower

• Gary Moore

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Robin Trower

Votes: 34 66.7%

• Total voters

Texas King

Reaction score
This matchup is based on difference Europe - USA. Americans will choose Trower, while Europeans and Brits Moore.
Gary Moore has always been much more beloved and popular in Europe, while Trower has been in America. Bridge of Sighs is a classic in America, while in Europe it's not at all.

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
I wake up to Bridge of Sighs every morning.

I think you can get pills for that...

but Trower had a gift for creating a mood with his guitar

This.

Robin Trower is God!

No, no, NO! I told you...Rory Gallagher is God! :D

Once again, it depends on mood for me. And Gary's material is a bit wider ranging than Robin's, what with starting with the heavy rock, then turning into a bluesman. But I'm not convinced he brought anything terribly original to blues, no distinctive sound of his own. My favourite Moore stuff is when his playing combines blues with a hard rock sound; stuff like "Moving On" and "Texas Strut"...in other words, the "Still Got The Blues" album really. But I think I listen to Trower more. Jimi Hendrix I think said something about Trower only concentrating on a darker sound (surely Hendrix was a big influence on Trower?), but I think there's more to his playing than that. But as said by Speed King, Trower is a master of creating a mood.

If I could only have one of these two artists in my collection? Trower.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn