Garbage (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Garbage Thread

I couldn't agree more^^ Beautiful Garbage was a MAJOR disappointment for me and I too lost interest in following the band any farther at that point.

opera races

Reaction score

Garbage is one of the few new 90's bands that I liked. I have the first three CD's but lost track of the band at some point and haven't listened to much of them recently. It was less to do with losing interest and more to do with being occupied by other music.

I remember I was watching a new (at the time) episode of Homicide Life On The Streets (Season 5, Episode 6, Aired 11/8/96) on TV and at the end the background song played was I'm Only Happy When It Rains. I was thinking, half jokingly, ok, Garbage has officially arrived now! It is one of my more favorite Garbage songs, by the way.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Shirley Manson really was the "It Girl" of rock in the later 90's and I think that generated interest for the band a bit a lot like it has for Paramore with Hayley Williams. Like Tray I was first turned onto them through "Special" and they also did a pretty decent song for some James Bond film of the time, "The World Is Not Enough". Version 2.0 was a pretty great album, Grammy-nominated and them at their peak in my opinion.

Temptation Waits (surprised this one wasn't mentioned before)

The World Is Not Enough

Wicked Ways

opera races

Reaction score

Oooh I'd forgotten about The World Is Not Enough ... or didn't think to make the connection when I was working out my earlier post. I found the movie on VHS at a local thrift shop last year, watched it a few times and checked out the music video too. (I'm into James Bond movies but that's for another thread.) Garbage did manage to make a dent on the public conscience by having their songs on movie and TV soundtracks. Shirley Manson isn't someone who immediately comes to my mind when I think of "women in music" but I've always liked her well enough.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Ladies, thanks for the bumps! Really looking forward to a new official album by these guys! I updated all the links here since it was dusted off! :grinthumb

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score

Cant find the bumped thread, so I thought id post this here :)
In about a month, the last garbage album is set to be released titled Not Your Kind of People.
images

Butch Vig wants to focus on his producing career for awhile, and Shirley Manson wants to continue her solo career. Neither are getting any younger. :whistle:
I dont know if this means a hiatus of garbage, a Breakup, Replacing one or both, no more live shows, or if we have to wait more than a few years for a new stuio album... this info was from Spin.com, their link system makes it so i cant post it directly. :| anyway you can wiki the track listings, I myself have previewed this abum and it seems better than their previous stuff :) not as poppy either. MAY 24TH

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Brand spanking new Garbage tune! It's available as a free download on iTunes. Something about the beginning reminds me of Cream's "White Room".

Automatic Systematic Habit

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Brand spanking new Garbage tune! It's available as a free download on iTunes. Something about the beginning reminds me of Cream's "White Room".

Automatic Systematic Habit

Yeah that's very White Room-y at the start! Super catchy tune :grinthumb

This is the track I keep hearing on the radio lately

Blood For Poppies

Beginning of this one reminds me of Kaiser Chiefs 'Oh My God' :)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
^^^^ Yes, it is very White Room-y at the start - really like the song -always really liked Shirley's voice too :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online