Garbage (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
GARBAGE
band11.jpg

Just two years after the brilliant Butch Vig produced the Pumpkin's masterpiece Siamese Dream and four years after the loved and hated Nevermind he helped form a group that had a great dose of success in it's own right. Butch would be the drummer for the band and was joined initially by two former members of previous band (Spoon) he'd been in and had added a sexy vixen he saw from a band called Angelfish, Shirley Manson. Here's some samples of Angelfish:

Angelfish (Shirley Mansons original band)

Angelfish.jpgshirley-angelfish-408.jpg

Heartbreak To Hate

Suffocate Me

Kimberly

The group was boldly called Garbage. Garbage was a mix of urban tinged moody alternative electronica which was given a sex drive by Shirley Manson. They had two buzzworthy singles before the single Stupid Girl brought them mainstream success on their self titled debut:

Garbage
0621_garbage.jpg

I'm not going to lie! The singles off of this are still my favorite but the album is solid and flows well for a great listen. Here are my favorite tracks:

The Singles:

Official Discography
(Garbage (1995), Version 2.0 (1998), Beautiful Garbage (2001), Bleed Like Me (2005), Not Your Kind of People (2012))
516EYJCPFXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
31646.JPG
514G1FCAAFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
5125K8KYHQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51o3i2uzOHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'll get to the others later! Any fans of at least the debut? :grinthumb

Garbage Official Website

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Garbage Thread

There's a fair few Garbage tracks I like, although I don't have any albums. Along with Stupid Girl, this is one of my favourites:

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

I've only heard their more commercial stuff, but I like it a lot :)

Reaction score

I've only heard their more commercial stuff, but I like it a lot :)

Same, but I'll definitely be looking into them more, they are grungy and creepy, but still catchy.. that's a winning combo for me:grinthumb

Great write up BTW:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Thanks for all the responses guys and sorry for the delayed reply! judging from the replies you guys at least liked the Sophomore album:

Version 2.0
MUDD76.JPG

Too be honest to talk about a change in style would be irrelevant because they pretty much sallied forth with their brand of sound! It produced a lot of great tracks though! My favorites were:

Coincidentally I tend to like the singles best again! I particularly like the Beach Boys sampling Push It! :grinthumb

Kuaizi

Reaction score

Great stuff here!
Perhaps my favorite from 2.0:

and I have to agree with the general consensus, Shirley is one sexy woman! :grinthumb

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

First 2 were very good. I'm waiting to see the review on Beautiful Garbage. I didn't think it was near as good as the others. In fact, it turned me off so much that I haven't followed them since. Do they have a 4th album or even 5th? Still love Shirley Manson's voice though.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online