Fun. (A Band that Lives Up To The Title)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
FUN.
Fun-(band)-picture.jpg

I love these guys. I bought the c.d. on a whim after trying their track "We Are Young" on Spotify and just happened to see it at my Wal-Mart the next day. All my purchases were retro that day so I had to buy at least one new which has been my pattern lately. I picked this up and it's my new obsession:

some-nights-2.jpg

Classic rock fans should love the abundant and obvious Queen influence. This is as vibrant, energetic and feel good as pop gets! They should also appeal to Mika fans and to some extent Maroon 5 and Modest Mouse fans as well. Here are my favorite tracks:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Are these the guys you wouldn't shut up about yesterday? :D I'll check 'em out later in the evening when I'm in my music groove Soots. :grinthumb

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
I listened to one of their albums last year as part of an album club on another forum, I can't remember what the album was called but it was definitely "fun", reminded me of ELO/Queen

Maybe that's why I was one of the few guys in the club that gave it a positive review :tongue:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I listened to one of their albums last year as part of an album club on another forum, I can't remember what the album was called but it was definitely "fun", reminded me of ELO/Queen

Maybe that's why I was one of the few guys in the club that gave it a positive review :tongue:

I sampled that prior album. It was a little rougher around the edges but I think you may like this one as well CAF if you liked the last. This one is just tighter on the melodies and should be universally loved. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
So I've been checking them out. Really good band. Yes, very QUEEN!

OR it's like MIKA joined a band as a lead singer :heheh:

I'll have to look into these guys a bit more. I know you've been up on these cats for a while. Pretty BIG sounding!

:cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
So I've been checking them out. Really good band. Yes, very QUEEN!

OR it's like MIKA joined a band as a lead singer :heheh:

I'll have to look into these guys a bit more. I know you've been up on these cats for a while. Pretty BIG sounding!

:cheers2

Actually just a week dude but it caught me fast! I thought of a ton of names here who would like them when I heard them though! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
You know I love BIG production...always have...but whether it be pop music or metal or prog, I love new technology in the aspect of making things even more bigger and more cinematic.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
"Fun" is right Soots. The Queen influence is easily recognizable in "Some Nights"... wow! At times I thought I was listening to Freddie himself. And I swear I've heard "We Are Young" in some commercial or something before. Janelle Monae seems to be making her rounds onto a lot of popular singles as of late. I think my favorite out of the songs posted is "All Right" but I'll have to listen to them a little more before I can say I like them or not. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online