French Rockets (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
l_298bbfe5868d5090e3b0d53721843c55.jpg

French Rockets Website
French Rockets Myspace
French Rockets Facebook

French Rockets are an experimental rock band from Perth, formed in December 2004 by Carl Properjohn and Jamie MacDougall. A lot of lineup changes slowed their progress but in 2007 the trio was complete when Roger Poustie joined in 2007. Also that year, their first album "555" was released. Throughout the rest of 2007 and 2008 the band worked on their touring, and trying to create the best live show they could, and currently it consists of a light show that would make nightclubs artists tremble. They have defined their own sound as "molten-rock" and it's a tasteful mix of psychadelia, space rock and fuzz.

They have recieved a small amount of attention from Triple J, and I discovered them through rage. Their new single "1x1" is (so far) only available in a vinyl pack with fellow band Injured Ninja's new single IDDQD.

The actual music:

1x1

Words are Breaking Up

Deep Riff

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Re: French Rockets

I was very skeptical after reading your OP, and their appearance(which is usually wrong, but it's something I noticed), but I decided to listen anyways... I did not like this and will probably never listen to it again, but damn it... "1x1" was cool.. unbelievably cool, that intro, and the vocals right after the intro.. it was one of the "biggest" sounding things I've ever heard... This band definitely has talent, and I hope will be huge. they deserve it:grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

1x1 is the first song I heard from them and it's still my favourite :grinthumb The studio version is even longer as well, at 9:32 :)

Reaction score

1x1 is the first song I heard from them and it's still my favourite :grinthumb The studio version is even longer as well, at 9:32 :)

You and your long songs:tongue::heheh:
I saw the midipad and heard the electronic-y intro and thought Devo was going to jump out or something.. but this took such a weird, dare I say.. "Epic" turn:D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Oooooh I'll make a progger out of you yet eberg! ;)

My favourite part about 1x1 is the ending, it sounds like it's just one chord being played constantly yet it manages to be interesting and sounds awesome!

Reaction score

:lmao:

You might need to give me something to extend my attention span, but I'l give it a shot:tongue:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

The reason I didn't get better reviews (and didn't expect them either) in MT was because I was feeding out the lesser known/up and coming prog, and it's probably the genre most heavily reliant on the greats...Might start you off on Wishbone Ash knowing your tastes, check out the thread in the Prog lounge if you haven't already :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yeah that 1X1 tune IS cool...very space rock. Has like an 80's techno vibe goin' on too. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online