free melodic rock from Finland :)

Frey

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I understand this is the place for shameless self-promotion, so here goes. :)

I'd like to introduce you to some free melodic rock/aor. My friend and I have been composing and recording these songs just for fun during the last ~two years. We posted them online a while back, and here I am spreading the news, hoping to reach like-minded people. You'll find our album on Jamendo *click*.

You might wonder what kind of music we're doing, is it worth clicking that link. Well, our biggest influences would probably be Journey and Whitesnake. Bon Jovi must me mentioned I guess, and Survivor, Heart and Harlan Cage. Dunno if you know Shogun, probably not that big a name, but I listened to their 31 Days album a lot back in the day.. I could go on and on - the two of us grew up listening to 80's rock/heavy bands. Some people tell us "you sound too eighties, do something original". To us that means we're on the right path! ;)

While we're not professional musicians, this is not a tenpenny garageband either, mind you. We've been making music together for about 12 years, so Sunset Boulevard has had some time to mature, taking all that we've learned on the way. We do spend a lot of time trying to get the best sound we can with the hardware and space we got, however, I'd like to note that this is not a pro studio album. :) Still, for 100% self-produced I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

The album is free to listen and download for personal use on Jamendo, no strings attached. If you'd like to give us feedback, you can write an album review on Jamendo, or post something here. For commercial use, licensing, syncing and such you can buy rights with JamendoPro. (And if you really really really really really Steel Panthers -way love us, it's possible to donate as well.)

Thank you for your attention
Peace, and keep rockin', everyone!
-Simo Sainio, keyboardist, backup vocalist and bassist for Sunset Boulevard

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online