Black Sheep ~ S/T (1975)
USA Hard Rock /Rock

Members:
LOU GRAMMATICO - vocals
DON MANCUSO - guitar
LARRY CROZIER - keyboards
BRUCE TURGON - bass
RON ROCCO - drums

For those of you who do not know, Lou Grammatico is Lou Gramm’s real name. This album was pre-Foreigner, Lou joined Foreigner in 1976. Black Sheep lost all their equipment in a truck accident, which basically dissolved the band.

This album is excellent. The piano pieces are breath taking…”.prelude / Let Me Stay.”

Woman

Full Album

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
^I like that lp...it has that classic blues rock feel and Gramm reminds me of Paul Rodgers and Free.

I never was a big fan of Foreigner. I always felt like Jones was trying to write 'hits' to make money rather than good rock songs that also made money. I preferred his first major outing Spooky Tooth with Gary Wright....though they never made money then which is probably why Wright left and did Dream Weaver and Jones formed Foreigner. (The second Spooky Tooth lp is a must for anyone who likes heavy proggy bluesrock...its a classic imho)
Ian McDonald (ex King Crimson) also was in Foreigner for 3 or 4 lps. and hopefully made a few bucks since Crimson never made much money in the past either when Ian was with them.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice thick rock sound, there is a Facebook page on the band. Keyboard work is mighty fine
I mentioned this song but didn’t post it because the song is definitely a sappy ballad (which I enjoy) but the piano is stunning..guitar solo’s are impressive, too

Prelude/Let Me Stay

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online