Foreigner - S/T vs. Toto - S/T

Foreigner - S/T vs. Toto - S/T

• Total voters

Mr. T

Reaction score
FOR.jpg

Rocker440

Reaction score
If it weren't for "Hold the Line", I do believe Toto's S/T would have slipped right past me.......I was a radio chick back then. And Foreigner's S/T had quite a few big radio hits.

Very true! I used to wonder how some bands songs were chosen to be played on radio, and some weren't. I'm pretty sure the record companies chose which song(s) they wanted to endorse and also promote as singles which did receive much more attention and also radio airplay. I also agree with you about Hold The Line receiving more airplay than other songs from Toto's debut album. It must've been a stroke of luck that one of the local stations I used to listen to also played I'll Supply The Love and Girl Goodbye. The latter song both caught my attention when I first heard it and is one of my favorite Toto songs!
I think there were a lot of radio-aholics back, Lady M! I know I certainly was, and that was one of the first places to hear quite a lot of the newer bands, songs and music. Perhaps the label that promoted Foreigners' debut had more money to both promote and sponsor the songs chosen for radio, opposed to Columbia Records, but that's kind of hard to believe, imo. :flirt

Man 6 to 1 against ToTo...I suck at this
:heheh: :cheers2

Nope, you certainly do not, MP! :grinthumb Sometimes there are albums, songs or music that have a significant initial impression upon many people, but I believe that most people have one or more reasons for why, how and in various ways as to what was the most meaningful and also memorable about hearing any album for the first time. I know I did many times, but sometimes the impressions may not sink in for a while, like a day, a week or maybe a year or two later?! :oyea:

:cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, I love Toto. They have some great love songs (I am a sucker for sappy love ballads)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online