Foghat (Official Thread)

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Re: Official Foghat Thread

:heheh:

The censors ruin it for me.:rolleyes:

I was so excited that Blues Brothers was finally not just on Starz, HBO, etc., it was on VH1 classic.. they cut out whole scenes.. they are worse than TBS:bonk:

Yeah I never thought about the scenes cut from Dazed and Confused. I should try watching it on DVD or over the internet maybe.

Reaction score

Yeah I never thought about the scenes cut from Dazed and Confused. I should try watching it on DVD or over the internet maybe.

It's much better that way!:grinthumb

And, all this talk about Dazed and Foghat.. it means one thing.. Time to take a Slooooooooowwwww Riiiiiiidddeeee!!!:hb:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

^^ Try out Full Time Lover. That's probably my favorite on the CD.

Listened to the whole CD again on the way to the 'burgh last night.:grinthumb

Another one to check out is Baby Can I Change Your Mind.

I guess I'm in the minority. I love Tight Shoes. Now Zig Zag Walk sucked.:D

Reaction score

Listened to the whole CD again on the way to the 'burgh last night.:grinthumb

Another one to check out is Baby Can I Change Your Mind.

I guess I'm in the minority. I love Tight Shoes. Now Zig Zag Walk sucked.:D

Yeah, I won't ever listen to Zig Zag Walk again.. I do like the album art on most of their 80s releases though:heheh:

Also, the next time you come back to the 'burgh, check out the record shop called Jerry's Records.. it's in Shadyside, I think Murray avenue, right down from Mineo's Pizza.. I haven't been there yet, but have heard it has EVERYTHING.. Attic, in millvale, didn't have a few records I wanted last time I went in, so when I get a free weekend, I have to try out Jerry's:D

rtbuck

Reaction score

I didn't hate Zig Zag Walk but it seemed like they were trying for kind of a new sound for them. They almost seemed like they were going for kind of a clean rockabilly sound. The only thing I could figure is that the Stray Cats were popular at the time so they tried jumping on that bandwagon but the album was not at all hip with the times(1983).
It would have been more predictable for Foghat to come out with a kick ass Blues Record instead. I do like Down the Road Apiece but I had been a fan of that tune through Chuck Berry, The Stones, & Brownsville Station prior so it was cool to hear Foghat's take on it. I also like Choo Choo Ch Boogie & in the early 90's I used to like mixing that tune with this goofy hip Hop song called Lucas w/the Lid off by Lucas.
Anyway, that album along with In the Mood for something Rude were disappointments for me although their remake of "And I Do Just What I Want" from In the Mood... is one of my favorite Foghat songs

Reaction score

I didn't hate Zig Zag Walk but it seemed like they were trying for kind of a new sound for them. They almost seemed like they were going for kind of a clean rockabilly sound. The only thing I could figure is that the Stray Cats were popular at the time so they tried jumping on that bandwagon but the album was not at all hip with the times(1983).
It would have been more predictable for Foghat to come out with a kick ass Blues Record instead. I do like Down the Road Apiece but I had been a fan of that tune through Chuck Berry, The Stones, & Brownsville Station prior so it was cool to hear Foghat's take on it. I also like Choo Choo Ch Boogie & in the early 90's I used to like mixing that tune with this goofy hip Hop song called Lucas w/the Lid off by Lucas.
Anyway, that album along with In the Mood for something Rude were disappointments for me although their remake of "And I Do Just What I Want" from In the Mood... is one of my favorite Foghat songs

I think we can all find at least one song on each of those albums that we like, but overall the albums were flops, IMO:cheers2

rtbuck

Reaction score

I think we can all find at least one song on each of those albums that we like, but overall the albums were flops, IMO:cheers2

Total flops! The only song they did live back then from those 2 records was "And I Do just What I want" from what I remember. I still want to know this one blues song they did live in the mid 80's with lyrics that went "Put your Lips up to the mirror". I seen them do it at least twice but it's not on any album

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I got "Fool For The City" for my 8th Birthday back in 1975 (my sister bought it for me but I think it was an excuse to have it for herself). It was the first album I every owned.

I also had "Stone Blue", Boogie Motel", Live and "Tight Shoes" in my teen years. Other than the hits, I never heard any of their earlier albums (pre-Fool) until a couple years ago.

Recently I found every album on vinyl from the beginning up to "Tight Shoes" (for $1 each!)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Was listening to a bit of Boogie Motel tonight and this song is a JAM!!!

:pullhair:

Nervous Release

What a riff!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.