Foghat (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Official Foghat Thread

I love Foghat & have all their albums from the 70's & 80's. I seen them 5 times: Once opening for the Outlaws around 1980, a year later they opened for Blue Oyster Cult, I seen them twice in the clubs in the 80's, & once at an outdoor festival with Cub Koda.

Reaction score

I'm not a crazy about the stuff they did like Fool for the city as Groovy man is.. I only own one album by them and pretty much most of the songs whup butt on all that later stuff they did..:heheh:
512ZPZBW97L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Check out the Energized album.. It's a solid mix of the first 2 albums style and Fool For the Cfity and on IMO:grinthumb

and LG, get listening to those! I can't imagine you not liking them, seeing some of the other bands you love...

Glad to see you are such big fans Groovy and Bucky.. That interview was a fun read:heheh:

I'm actually surprised to see so many of you like Stone Blue that much.. I love the title track, but the rest of the album falls short of their previous releases IMO.. I'll listen to Tight Shoes over Stone Blue:D

Reaction score

One of my favorites from Energized is Home In My Hand:D

Reaction score

One album that doesn't get mentioned as often as I feel it should is Night Shift.. the follow up to Fool For the City, released in 1976..

600px-Foghatnightshiftalbum.jpg

"Drivin' Wheel"- 5:11 / 4:30
"Don't Run Me Down"- 6:32
"Burnin' the Midnight Oil"- 5:38
"Night Shift"- 5:32
"Hot Shot Love"- 4:00
"Take Me to the River"- 4:40 / 3:22
"I'll Be Standing By"- 5:53

I've bolded my favorites.. it's really an outstanding album:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am another Foghat fan. I love the Stone Blue album and Night Shift, but I think that their second release, Rock n' Roll, is a fantastic representation of what the band really was about musically. This album definitely shows how unique the band was.

Reaction score

I like that album a lot, Magic, but I think Foghat did better.. I agree with what you said about how it kind of defined that signature Foghat sound, but I think it was just the beginning of "their" sound.. I think that was when they found it, but all the way through Night Shift they refined it.. I think Fool For the City and Night shift were really the epitome of the "Foghat sound" that no other band ever has recreated or will recreate:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Those raw chops on Rock n Roll are fabulous......

Although, I think the best sound quality in an album has to be "Stone Blue", but for popularity of songs, I give that award to "Fool For the City"

Reaction score

Those raw chops on Rock n Roll are fabulous......

Although, I think the best sound quality in an album has to be "Stone Blue", but for popularity of songs, I give that award to "Fool For the City"

Very true:heheh:

I like Rock n Roll Outlaws better than Rock n Roll though.. I thin kit has the same sound, but just refines it into their own more.. still the same feel of an album IMO:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Rock n' Roll Outlaws is also good. I like all the early Foghat.

Here is an awesome tune off of Rock n' Roll Outlaws with a pretty killer solo:

Reaction score

Like that one, but my favorite is the title track, Rock n roll outlaw.. which I hope someone can find a link to.. Grooveshark isn't working for me, it's not on YT, and Ilike doesn't have it!:bonk::heheh:

I just put on Foghat Live, for a much needed pump up before work and this track did the trick.. not my favorite studio, but this version is excellent:D
It's not the same one as "Live", it's a bit earlier from 1973, and the quality isn't as good, but it's a powerhouse song.. pure energy IMO:grinthumb

Honey Hush

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online