Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
header-personnel-logo.jpg

Flying Colors Website
Flying Colors on Wikipedia

Prog supergroup, Flying Colors, has just released their S/T Debut album March 26, 2012.

This supergroup consists of:

Casey McPherson – lead vocals, electric guitar, keyboards {Alpha Rev}
Steve Morse – acoustic guitar, electric guitar {Deep Purple}
Dave LaRue – bass guitar { Dixie Dregs}
Neal Morse – keyboards, vocals {Spock's Beard, Transatlantic}
Mike Portnoy – drum, percussion, vocals {Dream Theater}

Flying_colors_album.jpg

Tracklist for the album:

1. "Blue Ocean" 7:05
2. "Shoulda Coulda Woulda" 4:32
3. "Kayla" 5:20
4. "The Storm" 4:53
5. "Forever in a Daze" 3:56
6. "Love is What I'm Waiting For" 3:36
7. "Everything Changes" 6:55
8. "Better Than Walking Away" 4:57
9. "All Falls Down" 3:22
10. "Fool in My Heart" 3:48
11. "Infinite Fire" 12:02

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Flying Colors

I definitely need to check this band out. Interesting mix of band members. Loved what Portnoy brought to Dream Theater and would be interested to see how this project goes.

Johnnycanuck

Reaction score
Flying Colors - new superband

Casey McPherson, Steve Morse (Dixie Dregs, Kansas), Dave LaRue (Dixie Dregs), Neal Morse (Spock's Beard) and Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment) have released a new eponymous cd that is amazing!

Here is the official you tube video of Shouda Coulda Woulda, the making of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwhTaa7rMSM

Johnnycanuck

Reaction score
I had started a thread (no replies though) I have the cd and love it. I have two Dixie Dregs albums (bassist and guitarist - who also plays for Deep Purple and played with Kansas - Steve Morse). Neal Morse was with Spock's Beard of which I have several and also have several of his solo stuff.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I had started a thread (no replies though) I have the cd and love it. I have two Dixie Dregs albums (bassist and guitarist - who also plays for Deep Purple and played with Kansas - Steve Morse). Neal Morse was with Spock's Beard of which I have several and also have several of his solo stuff.

You can always search the sub-forum before writing a new thread Johnnycanuck, that helps keep things organized.

I'll let Magic decide whether to merge your's into her Official one when she's here tomorrow.

I used to have 3 Dixie Dregs albums but only have one CD now, Dregs of the Earth which is my favorite.

I never got around to getting this new album and I like everyone who's involved with Flying Colors, guess I should check it out.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Merged the two threads.

Flying Colors is suppose to release another album sometime this year.......So I will be keeping an eye on any news.

Johnnycanuck

Reaction score
If you like Flying Colors then you will absolutely love this. Same drummer and keyboardist (although there are three in this band - it is the vocalist.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes indeed. Neal Morse is a very gifted and creative man. I like him and Portnoy :)

Johnnycanuck

Reaction score
Have you ever heard Neal Morse's other solo material? Have you heard Mike Portnoy's band Adrenaline Mob? It is heavy and has the singer from Symphony X in it too.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I haven't heard Neal's other solo material but I do have quite a few Spock's Beard CD's. I never did pick up "Adrenaline Mob's" album, and again I like and respect everyone involved in that project as well.

One of these days when I'm finished collecting/sorting/playing my vinyl records I'll have to fill the gaps in my CD collection.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online

No members online now.