Favorite Zep song

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Geez, how do you pick?! If push came to shove, it would have to be Ten Years Gone from Physical Grafitti. Tracks like Houses of the Holy (just a real solid groove from the boys - Bonzo, sheez!), The Rover, Night Flight... I love all Zep but PG is my favorite album. Hec, I even quoted In The Light for the senior yearbook in High school.:heheh:

Regarding that quote thing, seniors were allowed to put a quote down. Quotes ran the gamut from A.A Milne to Winston Churchill and Clint Eastwood. The majority were song quotes though. Looking back, it's kind of humorous the songs they're from. Among them Billy Joel, Genesis, Bee Gees, Black Sabbath Foreigner, Rush - especially Xanadu and Trees (current at that time), were sourced for some bard like granule of wisdom.:heheh:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Geez, how do you pick?! If push came to shove, it would have to be Ten Years Gone from Physical Grafitti. Tracks like Houses of the Holy (just a real solid groove from the boys - Bonzo, sheez!), The Rover, Night Flight... I love all Zep but PG is my favorite album. Hec, I even quoted In The Light for the senior yearbook in High school.:heheh:

Regarding that quote thing, seniors were allowed to put a quote down. Quotes ran the gamut from A.A Milne to Winston Churchill and Clint Eastwood. The majority were song quotes though. Looking back, it's kind of humorous the songs they're from. Among them Billy Joel, Genesis, Bee Gees, Black Sabbath Foreigner, Rush - especially Xanadu and Trees (current at that time), were sourced for some bard like granule of wisdom.:heheh:

Here here! Physical Graffiti is the culmination of everything great that Zep has done, from funky songs (Trampled Underfoot) to blues (In My Time of Dying) to hard rock (Houses of the Holy). Then again, it was an album where they took a bunch of previously unreleased stuff they recorded over the years and piled it all together. That's what makes the album so great, because you're listening to Zeppelin as they've evolved throughout their first 5 years or so :D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
This is a cracker of a question. I am gonna go for " Since I`ve Been Loving You" . I just think its a powerful blues with one of the greatest guitar parts ever.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It's a toss up between "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and "Black Dog" depending on what mood I'm in.

invader

Reaction score
anything from led zeppelin 2, it's pretty much flawless with the exception of thank you.
since i've been loving you
out on the tiles
tangerine
thats the way
bron y aur stomp
rock and roll
the rover
in my time of dying
custard pie
nobody's fault but mine
achilles last stand

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
If I had to pick one it probably would be Achilles Last Stand, although Bring it On Home and Custard Pie are up there too.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Geez, favorite Zep song? Any track on first 6 albums, that's for sure.

But I had to pick top 5, I'd pick
Stairway To Heaven
The Rain Song
Ramble On
That's The Way
Bron-Yr-Aur

ecisgod

Reaction score
Very tough to single out 1 here is a top 10 ??

1. Thank You
2. Hey Hey what can I do..
3. Going to California
4. Since I've Been Loving You
5. Your Time Is Gonna Come
6. I'm Gonna Leave You
7. Kashmir
8. Good Times Bad Times
9. Nobody's Fault But Mine
10. The Ocean

For today...could be a totally different list tomorrow :oyea:

Cincinnatus

Reaction score
depends on my mood . Some of Zeps music you almost feel rather than hear . But " Ten years gone " from Physical Graffiti album is about as good as music gets . That band is in a separate category to me .

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online