Favorite slide guitar players!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Theres some great "slide" guitarists mentioned on this thread..but what about my favo:bow:rite the faultless Mr Joe Perry !!

Fug

Reaction score
Brian Jones - "Little Red Rooster". The Rolling Stones - NOW!
George Harrison - "For You Blue" - Let It Be
George Harrison - "If Not For You" - All Things Must Pass
George Harrison - "Crackerbox Palace" - 33 1/3

Last edited:

Rocker440

Reaction score
A couple more favorite guitar players that are fantastic with the slide.

jwcolor-2.jpg

Johnny Winter

star33.jpg

Robbie Krieger

Rocker440

Reaction score
One of my very favorite guitarists and is fantastic with his slide work!

Ritchie+Blackmore+Ritchie.jpg

ritchieban1ce.jpg

Ritchie using a rather "unconventional" item as a slide? :rolleyes:

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
ritchieban1ce.jpg

Ritchie using a rather "unconventional" item as a slide? :rolleyes:

Yeah he is inventive. I saw the Purps on the Perfect Strangers tour and someone threw a frisbee on stage. Blackmore snatched it and began playing slide with it. He and Rory Gallagher play slide in standard tuning allowing them to switch between slide and plectrum playing and Blackmore sometimes plays holding the slide in his hand rather than on his finger.

Here' a good one:

Last edited:

Rocker440

Reaction score
Yeah he is inventive. I saw the Purps on the Perfect Strangers tour and someone threw a frisbee on stage. Blackmore snatched it and began playing slide with it. He and Rory Gallagher play slide in standard tuning allowing them to switch between slide and plectrum playing and Blackmore sometimes plays holding the slide in his hand rather than on his finger.

Here' a good one:

I certainly agree that Ritchie is inventive. Imo, he is one of the most interesting guitarists! Both with his techniques, various classical and other guitar player influences, too! Ritchie does play a lot of slide on some songs, perhaps more so with the Rainbow material. I also saw DP on that tour, and was even more impressed with Ritchie! Ritchie has had many fantastic keyboard players with Jon Lord, and also the several within Rainbow.

Although there most likely are quite a few that do play holding the slide on their finger, Ritchie was one that I noticed that did hold it another way which I thought was both interesting and may have given him more freedom to switch to another technique pretty quickly as well!

:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online