Favorite Producer/Artist Combination?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Mike Vernon and take your pick John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac, Ten Years After, Savoy Brown, Chicken Shack ... Mike has a great ear and was never afraid to experiment to get that sound the band wanted, top man.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
All this producer talk makes me wonder what became of Tom Werman after he joined here and made a few posts. Haven't seen him on the forums recently.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I ignored him after a few posts, he was not really doing anything but trying to protect his reputation...apparently Magic checked into it and he does that on a few music forums.

He did some good work and not so good whether that was on him or the wide ranging egos of the bands themselves who knows.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I ignored him after a few posts, he was not really doing anything but trying to protect his reputation...apparently Magic checked into it and he does that on a few music forums.

He did some good work and not so good whether that was on him or the wide ranging egos of the bands themselves who knows.

I like to think my strong torrent of replies chased him out of here. Though I may be lying :flirt

Tell you what, if Bob Rock ever wants to join this forum, I'll roll out the red carpet, fetch him coffee and even clip his toenails. I love his work. I'd never criticize anything he does. I think Metallica and the Crue did their best work with him, by far.

In general, honestly I do a poor job keeping up with producer/artist combos because many bands change producers from album to album. However, my favorites are:

-Beau Hill (Warrant/Ratt)
-Michael Wagener (Warrant/Hammerfall)
-Andy Johns (numerous)
-Bob Rock (numerous)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Andy Johns is a good one...forgot about him.

It could be that you did expedite his departure from here, he never wandered from that one particular thread if I remember right, the dead giveaway of a fly by poster.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Lots of good choices so far. One of my favorites that I see missing is Johnny Cash and Rick Rubin. They did some great work together. :good

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Elton John and Gus Dudgeon.

Dudgeon must have been a freaking genius considering Elton didn't hang around much after laying down the piano and vocals, at least that's what I've heard.

joe

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the show.

Steven Wilson-Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, Opeth, No-Man, Storm Corrosion

Daniel Lanois-U2, Neil Young, Peter Gabriel

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy