Every Avenue

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Every_Avenue_by_MusicFantic.jpg

Every Avenue is a pop rock project that mixes emoish pop rock with a smoky Hinder like brooding vocal. While I'm not sold on all their songs I find the two albums I have to be energetic fun albums with some of the best ballads I've heard in the 2,000's!

Here are the albums I'm familiar with! I own the first and third:

1186571.jpg
Every-Avenue-Picture-Perfect-300x300.jpg
Every-Avenue-Bad-Habits-1-MBTM.jpg

First before I delve self indulgently into the ballads here are the pop singles!

The above are solid songs and are hooky and sweet sounding to earn some radio airtime along with the other pop rock giants but it's there way around a ballad that has me into them! Here are the ballads! :grinthumb

I find the following song to be so hypnotic and it was the first song I heard by the band. The piano notes at the beginning are very entrancing and the beat it pulsing like a heartbeat. Most traditional rock fans here won't like the song because it's very electronic but I think that it wouldn't have worked with traditional organic instruments. The Whole song sounds distorted to a sense and distance which fits the theme well. The reflections of a man who just remembers his girl as a memory. He has someone else and she likely does as well. He likely will never see or know what she's up to or not. The theme of wanting an ex back while newly intimate with another echoes Hinders "Lips of an Angel" but here the song is far more sincere and well "intimate". When I broke up with my last ex she was the first person (and to this day) I was fully intimate with. I was glad the relationship was over for many reasons but this song pulled a lot of emotions from me because I did love her but couldn't be with her the way she was. The line "The lovers that leave us will always hold a place" is about as simple but true as you can get!

Between You and I

The Story Left Untold

I Can't Not Love You
(The intro kind of reminds me of "With A Little Help From My Friends" and then they add kind of an Enya effect at the :30 second mark! I love this guys voice!)

Only Place I Call Home
(A more sped up pop radio ballad but still beautiful and should be a hit)

This is an indulgent thread as I know this music isn't popular in this demographic and I realize they are "typical" in a lot of areas but I like the overall summation of their parts and they have a handful of songs that grab me to the point of constant replay! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Tell Me I'm A Wreck is a pretty catchy tune. A little bit of a KILLERS vibe there.

I need to listen to the rest. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Tell Me I'm A Wreck is a pretty catchy tune. A little bit of a KILLERS vibe there.

I need to listen to the rest. :grinthumb

Yeah, in the poppier singles I got a Blink vibe particularly in the vid for "Where Were You"! :heheh: Definitely the ballads are my bread and butter on this one though! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah man the ballads are real good. I like the piano work at the end of Between You an I (as well as the song having a nice melody).

The Story Left Untold has a nice Beatle styled intro and another good melody with a nice chorus.

I like the violin break near the end of that one as well. You're right about the ballads man.

Checking out the last two now. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I Can't Not Love You ...yeah you're not kidding. With A Little Help From My Friends for sure. Another cool tune.

The opening to Only Place I Call Home is an attention grabber and has some nice guitar work/soloing in the beginning.

I like the verses though the chorus was a tad predictable in this one...meaning a chorus I've heard many times but the emotion is really good and leads into the 2nd verse really nice.

They're a bit different than alot of new pop bands I hear today.

All in all some pretty strong pop music dude!! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online