Ever Hear Of These (Jonna Enckell - related)

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
Jonna Enckell (country of origin: Sweden)

Quite a few years ago, I was recommended a song (based on my listening habits then) and it was "Purple Heart" by Siren On, a project of one Jonna Enckell.

My heart just melted the first time I listened, and I bought the whole album.

Just tonight, I discovered she had released another album the following year, so I got that tonight. Beautiful.

I also found out by happy accident whilst googling her name for more info, that she was in a Swedish band for 6 years between 2003-2009 and did four albums with them. The band is called The Project Hate MCMXCIX... an "Industrial Death Metal" band is what Metal-Archives.com describes them as. She was the female vocal counterpoint to a male death-metal growler. (This is not Nightwish... this is serious death metal material!)

At first listen, it would seem incomprehensable that this same woman could be singing these two seemingly opposing musical styles, but it is truly her doing both.

Have any of you heard of this band, or heard of her?

I haven't dug too deep, but it seems she has gone dark. (at least here in the U.S.) I can't find anything current on her, or her record label that she supposedly ran called Silver Tree Records.

"Purple Heart" Siren On (2008)

"I See Nothing But Flesh" The Project Hate MCMXCIX (2005)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I know The Project Hate MCMXCIX, I have all their studio albums, except the one they released in 2014, so I'm obviously aware of Jonna Enckell. I love her vocals, but I was unaware of her own project Siren On. According to Discogs.com, her latest release was an album called "Piano Sparkling" in 2009.

I really like the track you posted and will definitely see if I can get a copy of her two Siren On albums.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the quick response!
lady_02_zpslhqcpmdh.gif

I absolutely adore these two "solo" releases. Jonna's former band isn't quite something I'd be into, but I do go for the contrasting vocal parts, and how they are used.

I would like to hear something else from Jonna Enckell, but if she is active at all, I'm prob out of reach, here in the states. I have encountered European artists that I am unable to purchase through the accepted methods, here in the US, and had to do so by other means, so that wouldn't surprise me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online