EUROPE Guitarist JOHN NORUM To Release New Solo Album In May

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
EUROPE Guitarist JOHN NORUM To Release New Solo Album In May - Mar. 19, 2010
The long-awaited new solo album from EUROPE guitarist John Norum, entitled "Play Yard Blues", is scheduled for release on May 27 via Mascot Records. According to a press release, the CD is "full of steaming bluesy hard rock with great guitarwork and vocals."

"Play Yard Blues" track listing:

01. Let it Shine
02. Red Light Green High
03. It's Only Money
04. Got My Eyes on You
05. When Darkness Falls
06. Over and Done
07. Ditch Queen
08. Travel in the Dark
09. Born Again
10. Play Yard Blues

John is on the road extensively with EUROPE but is expected to embark on a solo tour later in the year or early next at the latest.

In other news, Mascot Records has released the compilation "Where Blues Meets Rock", featuring John's new solo track "Let It Shine".

Also on the Norum-related front, Norwegian guitarist Håvard Pedersen's new album (working title "Mobile Dreams") features John Norum (on lead guitar and vocals) on the track "Still In Love With You". The CD will be released by Cinematicworld Records on June 1.

Meanwhile, the second of guitarist Janne Stark's tributes to the Seventies was released on Grooveyard Records in February. The album, simply entitled "Volume Two", features John Norum showing his love for Frank Marino in a guitar-overdriven cover of "Talkin' 'bout A Feeling".

Love Norum solo! :oy:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Don't know much about Europe or John Norum, but I'll check him out after reading your enthusiastic post Flip.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Cool :grinthumb

I'm a big Europe and Norum fan - they're very underrated, imo. Norum is a first class shredder in my book and though Europe did a few poppy albums they've always been about classic rock in the best sense of the term.

The comeback album Start from the Dark and the following dvd recorded at the Hammersmith really highlights Norum's class and how powerful they are as a band when they focus on rocking out and less on writing hits.

If there's no Europe thread yet I'll put one up over the weekend :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If there's no Europe thread yet I'll put one up over the weekend :D

I look forward to it, we don't have one. Don't know if you read your Artillery thread recently Flip but I picked up a couple of their CD's last week.;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online