ESC4P3 vs Boston

Which Album Is Better?

• Total voters

runtfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with everyone else. Escape is really good but Boston is a top to bottom classic.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Is there another album that receives the kind of radio play that "Boston" does? I think not. Every single song from that album gets airplay as opposed to "Don't Stop Believing", "Stone In Love", and "Open Arms" from "Escape. I like Journey more as a band but Boston takes this one by quite a bit.
You forgot Who's Crying Now, but yeah you are correct.

Fever

Reaction score
Boston's debut is great while Escape is really good but loses points for Open Arms:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
You forgot Who's Crying Now, but yeah you are correct.

I didn't forget it, I just didn't add it. I hear the other three on the radio constantly (especially "Open Arms") but never once have I heard "Who's Crying Now".

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
That's because you're a young pup. Back in the 80's, it got plenty of airplay on both the radio and MTV (yeah, that TV channel that USED to play music)

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I didn't forget it, I just didn't add it. I hear the other three on the radio constantly (especially "Open Arms") but never once have I heard "Who's Crying Now".

You are also 19 years old which means you probably were not born when Escape was a Billboard number one album. Who's Crying Now, Still They Ride, Keep On Runnin and Escape were all on the radio at that time with the other hits. That album was an enormous hit. Everywhere you went that summer that album was on. Don't Stop Believin is the most downloaded song ever. I love the Boston album too. Arguably the best debut album ever.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online