Esben and the Witch (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Esben and the Witch

Excellent stuff Eyre !!! :cheers2 Esben and the Witch sound great....just my cup of tea. Dark doomy, fine female vocals ,haunting melodies . I know absolutely NOTHING about this band, so you will have to fill us in on this one. How many albums ,where they are from...etc.......
From the appearance of the ESBEN AND THE WITCH they are a band probably put in the indie section....but sound more Gothic than your average Goth band
Very impressed.....now im going to look them up :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
ESBEN AND THE WITCH.....come from Brighton UK .Their album has had good reviews in NME .
Musically they sound like Siouxsie and the Banshees, Stone 588, Autumn.etc.....but I think thats just coincidence.
Looking very student geeky...I tend not to be put off by a bands image, its the music that counts.......wont be long before they start wearing black and eyeliner :D
Yet another album on my wish list.....thanks for the introduction Eyre !

Last edited:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
yes great new band. Violet Cries will make my top 20 this year. Reminds me I've not listened to it in awhile. I'll put it on now.

Saw them back in March amazing show but they pay in complete darkness.
I never use flash but some other press guy was so

5499615765_cd6c07b6fd_z.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another track by the brilliant ESBEN AND THE WITCH , real inspiring music here .....:grinthumb

Skeleton swoon

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Recently picked up ESBEN AND THE WITCH cd "Violet cries " Superb .haunting and very gothic ,what with SWANS new album Im listening to some mighty fine doomy stuff of late. Got to see this band "live"

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Oh hey it's so weird to see a thread by this band because I discovered them yesterday evening on last.fm.. :)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Really enjoying the new album. More dark haunting music and interesting vocals.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great track Aktivator !! ESBEN AND THE WITCH showing quick signs of maturity already, as you say the vocals are spot on. If the rest of the tracks are this good it makes a very interesting album
[....just noticed on the video their all wearing black....:grinthumb ]

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online