Eric Clapton vs Rory Gallagher

• Eric Clapton

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Rory Gallagher

Votes: 29 50.9%

• Total voters

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Clapton has always bored me but Rory had all the energy in the world. Mr. Gallagher with no doubt or second thought.

Agreed. I chose Rory. He was a good music find for me this year and his passion is evident in his playing.

joe

Reaction score
I voted for Clapton as I'm alot more familiar with his material than Rory's. Have both Taste albums on vinyl and Calling Card on CD I p/u about a year ago and Etched In Blue, a compilation from 20 years ago. Been meaning to track down more of his stuff.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It must be hard to like one and dislike the other.

I don't get it.

I guess you get bored easily. :heheh:

I dunno, I find it pretty easy to have opposite feelings for them. :D

And I don't usually get bored too easily. It's just when Clapton is on I'm like a four year old at a museum, going "Is it oooooover yet? Can we gooooooo?" until I get to leave. :heheh:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Mr.Gallagher. With The Bluesbreaker and Cream Clapton was great. After that it slowed down.

You can say that about Rory after the 70's were over....some people say he wasn't as good during the 80's and 90's. ''Too Much Alcohol'' they say. Not as sharp as he was in his ''prime''...

I don't agree with that...or Clapton slowing down after Cream.

Also to be fair, Clapton had his battle with booze and drugs too - as most people know.

And I don't usually get bored too easily. It's just when Clapton is on I'm like a four year old at a museum, going "Is it oooooover yet? Can we gooooooo?" until I get to leave. :heheh:

Well...as a kid....I always liked museums....but, maybe not at four years old...:heheh:
but, I get your point - but disagree. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online