Enigma (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

YKeeren

Reaction score
I love Enigma! Pretty epic music. Well produced and from the moment I listen to them... I am mesmerized.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Since there was a bit more intrest in Enigma then I thought there'd be, I went ahead and added another video (above) and turned it into an Official Thread...as well as moving it to Everything Else forum.

Enjoy :grinthumb

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I was going to post the actual video, but I watched it before posting and was just shocked at how... graphic it was. A beautiful piece of art, but I just didn't feel right posting it here.

SO... here's a video someone made with footage from the Final Fantasy X games. It was one of these vids (not this one) that I first heard and loved this, my favorite Enigma song.

"The Gravity Of Love" - Enigma from The Screen Behind The Mirror (2000)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Ahh a thread about Enigma too?! I love this forum!

Enigma/Michael Cretu was an artist that I absolutely loved growing up and then later pretty much forgot about them until a few years back when I downloaded Enigma 3 (Le Roi...).

Enigma 2: The Cross Of Changes has always been my #1 favourite album of theirs. I prefer it to MCMXC by quite a bit. There is much more variety on E2 than on the other albums and more of world chanting than simply European medieval influences. E3 is also pretty good and has its own unique feel.

Recently, I suddenly found myself reminiscing the sound of Enigma and listened to E4, E5 and E6 on Grooveshark. E4 is okay but not as good as the first 3. E5: Voyageur is decent for the first half but is barely recognizable when compared to the original classics. Too much singing from Cretu!

E6: A Posteriori was not bad at all. It almost sounded like a return to form. Almost. But they went into total trance territory with that one. Again, it didn't sound like classic Enigma at all. But I preferred it to E5 though.

E7: Seven Lives Many Faces was just mediocre. :( A very mixed bag and Cretu sounds like a pale shadow of his former self.

I wonder if Enigma 8 will ever be made?? since it's been what, 6 years since E7! But the world seems to have pretty much forgotten about this group/project whatever you want to call them.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online