Elis

Harkat

Reaction score
Elis
ElisBand.jpg

Official Website

Elis is a gothic metal band from Liechtenstein, formed by Sabine Dünser and Pete Streit in 2003 after the split of Erben der Schöpfung in 2002

They soon signed a deal with Napalm Records to quickly release “God’s Silence, Devil’s Temptation” in August 2003. Producer Alex Krull gave the album a very powerful yet transparent sound and it quickly entered the German DAC Charts at number 8. In addition, the band received overwhelming positive feedback from the international press and fans worldwide. Elis performed at numerous festivals that summer and increased their fan base with every show.

In February 2004, Elis embarked on a headlining tour with Eisheilig and The Vision Bleak. Not resting on their laurels, the band entered the studio in March and recorded twelve new songs, which showed a more mature and more sophisticated side. “Dark Clouds in a Perfect Sky” contained, just like its two predecessors, an adaptation of a Georg Trakl poem. The album was released on 4 October 2004, at which time Elis had already embarked on a European Tour with Atrocity, Leaves’ Eyes, and Battlelore.

Band Members:
Sandra Schleret – vocals
Pete Streit – guitar
Chris Gruber – guitar
Tom Saxer – bass guitar, death growls
Max Naescher – drums

Discography:
God's Silence, Devil's Temptation ~ 2003
Dark Clouds in a Perfect Sky ~ 2004
Griefshire ~ 2006
Catharsis ~ 2009

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:grinthumb Sound good to me Harkat . A band from LIECHTENSTIEN at that. No doubt they are based in a bigger country for any chance of success .The tour with Leaves Eyes would have done them no harm. I look forward to their progress. Be free to contribute to the "what is gothic metal" thread myself and b.o.b are trying to kick up

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Not bad as a whole Harkat but the one that stands out to me is definitely "Come To Me". I could put that one into a badass gothic ballad playlist! :grinthumb

b.o.b.

Reaction score
The only album I know is Dark Clouds in a Perfect Sky from 2004

Elis_Dark_Clouds_In_A_Perfect_Sky.jpg

Unfortunately the vocalist Sabine died in 2006 and since then I have not heard of them. I will search for the new albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Any band from Liechenstien is worth a shot, I have actually heard of them before but I am not a big gothic metal fan normally.

I see Harkat has been busy the last couple of days, nice to see his creative spark adding some nice threads to the place.:cheers:

Harkat

Reaction score
Lg, I have more but I think I might be enjoying them too much :heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score
Any guesses on what this is about? :p

Peel off my skin, make me helpless
Taste my body
Let me die in your sweet embrace

I never thought that I could find
Someone like you and still
I feel the union of souls