Electronic: Future Sounds of London-Dead Cities

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
5406828fd7a0e01e3032f010.L.jpg

OK, the first time I heard this album I hated them. But as it usually goes in just about every musical genre they played the crappy tracks off the CD....The first one I heard was "We have Explosive" on the game Wipeout for PS1 and I hate that track!:banghead: It is overly simple, annoying and overplayed. The problem is that I missed out on the rest of this album because of one track! It has some of the most beautiful tracks on it I have ever heard (I have 78 days of music as a reference..). I usually just take that track off of the CD when I listen to it and it allows the rest of the tracks to shine. Female vocals and fluid broken beats resonate throughout the album and I have converted many a anti Future Sound of London haters just through that CD without that track on it. So If you enjoy smooth, fluid, well put together electronica at it finest, hit it up!

Other Albums I recommend by Future Sounds of London:

Life Forms
Accelerator

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have listened to "Lifeforms". Definitely different stuff. Psychedelic and trippy with some great beats. This makes some good background music to pace yourself to on the treadmill.

FSOL_Lifeforms.jpg

Lifeforms released 1994.

Room 208

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
Great pick Magic!"Lifeforms" is One of my favorite Minimal techno(also know as ambient, downtempo or sometimes trip-hop) albums. Some of the tracks are almost sublime and so beautifully crafted you can't help but get lost in them. A++ for you!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like the album cover Alocer, but the words Trip Hop will push me away, if it's minimal electronic then I would give them a chance.

I've heard all kinds of this music in the gym in the aerobics classes I used to take, but I never bothered learning who the artists were. Aerobics classes are great fun, plus there were only two of us and about 20 ladies, the perfect combination.:****:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online