Elan vs. Monolith

Elan vs. Monolith

• Total voters

Rocker440

Reaction score
This is a rare event, when I won't vote for Kansas in almost any poll...but Elan is by far Firefall's best record, and Monolith while very good is not among the very best Kansas records, at least not on my list.

Elan, by a very good band that never quite got the recognition I felt they warranted.

A pretty rare event for me as well, LG! I'm a long time Kansas fan, and also have almost all of their catalog, but I certainly agree with you. :cheers: And although I greatly like Firefalls' debut album quite a lot, Elan has a pretty special place with me. :tup:

Well I certainly recognized and greatly appreciate Elan and many of the fantastic songs on that terrific album. It may not have gotten either the attention, acclaim nor possibly the recognition from the rock critics or experts, but they don't always know great albums when they see or hear them, neither, imo! I remember a couple of initial big magazine critics first impressions and reviews of DSoTM has "not impressive" or "too spacey"? :oyea:

A not much talked about album, nowadays....

Kansas - Monolith

Sadly, some albums are often times overlooked or possibly forgotten for a period of time. Perhaps they're overlooked with the noticeable, more popular selling albums by some fans, but there are some great songs and music on many albums, imo. Even if some fans, and record labels may not mention or talk about any particular album, we can, or at least I will try to do that! :)

The first Kansas album that I bought many years ago was Song For America, and I greatly enjoy that album, and it didn't receive much airplay, promotion nor was it considered a fan favorite by some, but it's both excellent and important with me. :grinthumb

:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FaustoCeh

Staff online

Members online