Register to remove these ads

Eddie Vedder - Ukulele Songs (2011)

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by Cosmic Harmony, Aug 17, 2011.

1. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Re: Ukulele Songs ~~~ Eddie Vedder

Yeah I'm not sure about this, but as long as he's happy, that's all that matters.

2. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

It reminds me a lot of Pearl Jam's "Man Of The Hour". They have that same sparse, soothing vibe to them.

"Longing To Belong" was actually the song that brought "Ukulele Songs" to my attention. I heard it during the weekly new music hour on of my favorite radio stations and was really impressed. I picked up the album shortly there after. :grinthumb

Thanks and yes I was but I had listened to it quite a few times prior to that. It's a nice way to close out the day. :D

3. ecisgod

ecisgod Senior Member

I agree I like the Ukulele. I really like PJ and obviously Eddie Vedder...I have the cd, but I really haven't given it a chance..yet!

4. Cosmic Harmony

It's a really good album to listen to while you unwind at the end of the day so I think that's when you should give it it's first listen. ;)

5. ecisgod

ecisgod Senior Member

Sounds like good idea...maybe I will put it in the car for the drive home from work (Approx 1hr) and cruise home to some soft Uke sounds....

:cheers2

6. Cosmic Harmony

A fine idea if you ask me. :D

7. Sunny

Sunny Settled down at last and very happy.

I bought a ukelele in Chiang Mai for a few bucks and had plenty of time to put it into practice. Great little thing! Easy to carry around and it kept me amused for hours on my journeys. I learned to play Eddie Vedder's "Rise" and few other tunes :)

8. Cosmic Harmony

That's a great one from the "Into The Wild" soundtrack, Sunny. Eddie is bringing the ukulele back more than anyone in decades and I couldn't be happier about it. :grinthumb

9. TheSound

TheSound An Englishman in New York

As a huge Pearl Jam/Eddie fan I remember how confused I was hearing some of this stuff when it was released, needless to say I didn't buy the record. Quite frequently things you initially hate grow on you with the passage of time, but reading this thread and a couple of the clips hasn't worked for me at all, to me it's still almost comically bad. Though I have no problem at all with the ukulele as such, though to be honest there's only one person who EVER made it his own and became a total legend....and he was a 'Lancashire Lad' too!!!...