eberg the musician

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
here's my music for all of you, I have my myspace in my sig, but I haven't been updating or caring about it much lately... here is my latest creation, feel free to be as honest as possible, I appreciate the criticism, no matter how blunt.... but don't tell me off just because you don't like me:tongue::grinthumb

I don't have names for them, it is surprisingly hard to come up with a name without lyrics...
this first one was done at the beginning of the month, and I'm not sure if I like the mix at all, the production of mine seems to be utter crap, so I'll see what you all think:heheh:

Hey eberg. I am enjoying the track. Yeah the timing is a little off but that comes with experience in mixing. I really love the solo.

Reaction score
Hey eberg. I am enjoying the track. Yeah the timing is a little off but that comes with experience in mixing. I really love the solo.

Thanks!
Timing for me comes with paying attention to the counting... I'm fine with a person who can sort of follow me a bit on bass or drums, or I can follow them, but with the lifeless drum loops I use I go off into my own little world where numbers and beats cease to exist:heheh:

did you listen to the second one?... once again the timing in the beginning sucks, but I finally lock into a groove by the end:lmao:

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I finished this one after a good month working on it... not sure whether the time was spent well or not:huh:

and is it just me or is my timing off fairly badly in the beginning?

i like this track a lot better than the first one as a whole. Yes your timing is off in the beginning but improves quickly. I like your feel for the guitar. Have you ever played in a band? I ask because playing with a drum machine and a real drummer a very different. IMO that is the hardest thing to learn as a guitarist is to play with a drummer

Reaction score
i like this track a lot better than the first one as a whole. Yes your timing is off in the beginning but improves quickly. I like your feel for the guitar. Have you ever played in a band? I ask because playing with a drum machine and a real drummer a very different. IMO that is the hardest thing to learn as a guitarist is to play with a drummer

I actually started early with a drummer, and moved to the drum machine:heheh:
by my count I have played in 13 bands.... the longest lasting was a month and a half.....

We must have posted at the same time, but I actually find it easier to play with a living rhythm section, another guitar, bass or drums... it allows a bit of leeway for my crappy timing... :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I actually started early with a drummer, and moved to the drum machine:heheh:
by my count I have played in 13 bands.... the longest lasting was a month and a half.....

We must have posted at the same time, but I actually find it easier to play with a living rhythm section, another guitar, bass or drums... it allows a bit of leeway for my crappy timing... :grinthumb

depends how good your rhythm section is. Keep up the excellent work. Live in Baltimore at the moment and Pitt is not too far. I play bass pretty flawlessly and i would say I am an average drummer. Plus I am really good with pro tools. I mixed all the albums with my old band and the one that i am releasing soon. So i can help u with the drum loops

Reaction score
depends how good your rhythm section is. Keep up the excellent work. Live in Baltimore at the moment and Pitt is not too far. I play bass pretty flawlessly and i would say I am an average drummer. Plus I am really good with pro tools. I mixed all the albums with my old band and the one that i am releasing soon. So i can help u with the drum loops

if you could that would be awesome, I could just use like really whatever you'd play just jamming on drums, I usually write the riff then fit it to drums or at least find drums that fit it, the keyboard ones are so generic and don't change(obviously) so I don't have much wiggle room with those:heheh:

if you were to do a show at an under 21 venue in Pittsburgh I certainly would not be against going as well... just so you know:D

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
if you could that would be awesome, I could just use like really whatever you'd play just jamming on drums, I usually write the riff then fit it to drums or at least find drums that fit it, the keyboard ones are so generic and don't change(obviously) so I don't have much wiggle room with those:heheh:

if you were to do a show at an under 21 venue in Pittsburgh I certainly would not be against going as well... just so you know:D

I do quite of few all ages shows. So yeah i could definitely see if i can get a gig in pittsburgh. I have done shows in philly but never pitt before. what are some good club venues? I probably couldn't do anything unitll like the middle of April. I am booked pretty heavily untill then.

Reaction score
I do quite of few all ages shows. So yeah i could definitely see if i can get a gig in pittsburgh. I have done shows in philly but never pitt before. what are some good club venues? I probably couldn't do anything unitll like the middle of April. I am booked pretty heavily untill then.

if you could get in contact with Mr. Smalls, I have no idea how to go about doing this, but basically if you have a label they will have you, any bar you can find would most likely be glad to have you, the Burgh's music scene is pretty lousy, but there are a few places, if you aren't booked this summer and you don't mind opening(established bands, not locals or anything) you could probably get in contact with the operators of Allegheny Summer Concert Series, they are free, so I'm not sure if you make money from them besides sales or anything.... umm.... all I can think of, there are probably some places near the colleges IUP, Pitt, Robert Morris U., that would probably get you some ticket sales profit

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
if you could get in contact with Mr. Smalls, I have no idea how to go about doing this, but basically if you have a label they will have you, any bar you can find would most likely be glad to have you, the Burgh's music scene is pretty lousy, but there are a few places, if you aren't booked this summer and you don't mind opening(established bands, not locals or anything) you could probably get in contact with the operators of Allegheny Summer Concert Series, they are free, so I'm not sure if you make money from them besides sales or anything.... umm.... all I can think of, there are probably some places near the colleges IUP, Pitt, Robert Morris U., that would probably get you some ticket sales profit

Thanks for the info. I am in transistion as far as labels goes. My old label folded. I had just signed to my brother's label, but they look like they will fold soon. So again i am looking for another label. The economy is hitting the indie scene here in Baltimore hard.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am in transistion as far as labels goes. My old label folded. I had just signed to my brother's label, but they look like they will fold soon. So again i am looking for another label. The economy is hitting the indie scene here in Baltimore hard.

you have a CD out right?.. that should be good enough for them, they are strict about who they have play, but they are reasonable, and they have lots and lots of shows.... if you have time to bum around a bit there is a great record store a few blocks over too:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online