eberg the musician

Reaction score
here's my music for all of you, I have my myspace in my sig, but I haven't been updating or caring about it much lately... here is my latest creation, feel free to be as honest as possible, I appreciate the criticism, no matter how blunt.... but don't tell me off just because you don't like me:tongue::grinthumb

I don't have names for them, it is surprisingly hard to come up with a name without lyrics...
this first one was done at the beginning of the month, and I'm not sure if I like the mix at all, the production of mine seems to be utter crap, so I'll see what you all think:heheh:

Attachments

• February SD-consolidated(good eqed laptop mix).mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The ideas and melody are good. The solo seems to be going in a cool southern rock direction. What is it you are using to record on. Computer? 4 -track?

My advice is bring the clean guitar up more in the mix even with the distorted guitar. May even be able to bring the distorted guitar down a bit.

Put a cool verb and long delay on the solo itself.

Also the timing of the guitars seems to be off a bit from the drums...could be a program glich. That's happened to me before in the past when demo-ing new songs from home. Still happens to Pat and I.

We get a great song...work out a drum machine pattern...start laying guitars and by the time we got to vocals once we were like, "What happened" The drums were going one way and the song was going another.

:lmao:

Anyway try a few of those tweaks...but the song itself sounds to be very catchy!! :grinthumb

Reaction score
The ideas and melody is good. The solo seems to be going in a cool southern rock direction. What is it you are using to record on. Computer? 4 -track?

My advice is bring the clean guitar up more in the mix even with the distorted guitar. May even be able to bring the distorted guitar down a bit.

Put a cool verb and long delay on the solo itself.

Also the timing of the guitars seems to be off a bit from the drums...could be a program glich. That's happened to me before in the past when demo-ing new songs from home. Still happens to Pat and I.

We get a great song...work out a drum machine pattern...start laying guitars and by the time we got to vocals once we were like, "What happened" The drums were going one way and the song was going another.

:lmao:

Anyway try a few of those tweaks...but the song itself sounds to be very catchy!! :grinthumb

yes computer, this was my first one done away from audacity.... Reaper:heheh:

I thought I needed to bring the distorted guitar down, but it sounds different on all the computers and speakers and headphones.... I tried every combination I owned and I'd finally get it sounding good on one, then it would sound awful on the other...

and no, not a program glitch, I just have bad timing:lmao:

I work out a song, then find a drum loop to fit it, the piano and bass, basically any instruments besides guitar are done with midi, I hate to do it, but i can't afford to buy a bass and amp, and decent keys , plus I suck at keys, I can only play one hand at a time:heheh:

do you really think its just the mix though? the playing is somewhat solid, I'm in the middle of another song right now I hope to finish tomorrow, I just need to do the lead guitar and if I'm feeling in the moment do a solo on the same track, or do a separate solo... and something to thicken it up a bit.... I was thinking maybe an acoustic really low in the mix or maybe something else with lots of reverb low in the mix....:think:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Cool...acoustic is always a nice touch. Another thing that helps is not to do too many songs at once. Sometimes you can lose track of a vision that way. I remember being in pre-production for a YEAR!! :lmao:

I was in this band and we were knocking these tunes around for a year in a home studio before we went to live rehearsals but I tell ya it was worth it in the long run.

But sometimes you find the longer you stick with a song adding to it, taking away, adding...tweaking and re-tweaking the one song begins to take on many dimensions you were not even planning on.

You know? I didn't know that part was giong to happen!!!! :heheh: :grinthumb

Reaction score
Cool...acoustic is always a nice touch. Another thing that helps is not to do too many songs at once. Sometimes you can lose track of a vision that way. I remember being in pre-production for a YEAR!! :lmao:

I was in this band and we were knocking these tunes around for a year in a home studio before we went to live rehearsals but I tell ya it was worth it in the long run.

But sometimes you find the longer you stick with a song adding to it, taking away, adding...tweaking and re-tweaking the one song begins to take on many dimensions you were not even planning on.

You know? I didn't know that part was giong to happen!!!! :heheh: :grinthumb

I don't have the attention span for a year.... actually, maybe in a real band and not sitting by myself in my basement I would:heheh:

the next song I'm going to post(tomorrow afternoon, I have to do some file transferring from computer to computer;)) I wrote and recorded myself and with a friend 5 times, in the span of a year, it's very simple, but it took quite a few twists and turns.... but on others I started off with somethign good and just turned it into a horrible mess, or I started with a great vision and just got soooo far off track I forgot my original vision:D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
That happens...that's part of the fun and excitement IMO...can't wait to hear the next posting!! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Alright, I just got some Eberg on my I-Tunes! Rock on! Your talented man so that's why you have all the Myspace hotties! :grinthumb You should add some vocals. :grinthumb

Reaction score
Alright, I just got some Eberg on my I-Tunes! Rock on! Your talented man so that's why you have all the Myspace hotties! :grinthumb You should add some vocals. :grinthumb

Yeah get some lyrics on there!! :grinthumb

I can't sing... at all:wa:
I really wish I could, but I was really born without any ability to sing, I really wish I could....

and thanks soot:D

Reaction score
I finished this one after a good month working on it... not sure whether the time was spent well or not:huh:

and is it just me or is my timing off fairly badly in the beginning?

Attachments

• feb knack 1.mp3
    4.3 MB · Views: 2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online