Dust (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Listened to these guys earlier this morning and they are (or were) amazing! :pullhair:

Dust+D.jpg

Dust is an angst-fueled hard rock power trio from New York. They had some early punk spirit while standing firm in what was to become metal. Self titled 1st lp released 1971. 2nd album “Hard Attack” released 1972. Bassist Kenny Aaronson went on to play with Rick Derringer and Blue Oyster Cult. Drummer Marc Bell eventually became Marky Ramone, the second drummer for The Ramones. Guitarist/producer Richie Wise went on to co-produce the first two KISS albums.

Dust+Dust+front.jpg
dust_hardF%255B1%255D.jpg

:bow::bow:

Mr. T

Reaction score
Re: Dust

Another fan here Nololob! Have both original LPs still. Kenny also played on the one off HSAS album. Very good cult stuff! :cheers2

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Fantastic! :grinthumb
I have both albums in 1 CD, but you have 2 LPs, that makes me very jealous. :wa

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Cool stuff ! DUST were a band I pencilled in as one of my faves in DKW/Joes impressive obscure Proto metal thread . I like their style, cant say Ive ever seen any of their albums over the years...guess they are pretty rare on vinyl ?

hawk11

Reaction score

Both Dust and Hard Attack are underrated classics IMO. And it's a shame that they didn't put out more albums along with not getting enough recognition. Would say that they are just as good as Sir Lord Baltimore if not better.

BTW it's nice to see you checking out the more obscure American bands :D.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

^^ I think I ran out of Brit heavy obscures, so it is time for America. :D
I love the distorted bass solo on Suicide. Maybe I'm wrong here, but sounds a bit like Geddy Lee.

Cool stuff ! DUST were a band I pencilled in as one of my faves in DKW/Joes impressive obscure Proto metal thread . I like their style, cant say Ive ever seen any of their albums over the years...guess they are pretty rare on vinyl ?
Probably yes. I'm not even hoping to see their vinyls in here, even CDs remasters are rare.

hawk11

Reaction score

^^ I think I ran out of Brit heavy obscures, so it is time for America. :D
I love the distorted bass solo on Suicide. Maybe I'm wrong here, but sounds a bit like Geddy Lee.

You might want to check out Sir Lord Baltimore (if you haven't already), "Kingdom Come" is another underrated hard rock gem.

I'd have to listen to Suicide again (still haven't got my sound card fixed).

I picked up both Dust and Hard attack on amazon.com. Dust comes in a miniature LP jacket.

Strangely enough a few mornings ago, "Learning To Die" was playing in my head when I first woke up............not a good sign I suppose :uh:.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Both Dust and Hard Attack are underrated classics IMO. And it's a shame that they didn't put out more albums along with not getting enough recognition.

Couldn't agree more w/ Hawks statement. Awesome band , one of favorites of the more obscure heavy 70's bands.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

You might want to check out Sir Lord Baltimore (if you haven't already), "Kingdom Come" is another underrated hard rock gem.

Yes, I know Sir Lord Baltimore! :grinthumb
They're pretty heavy, but the vocals sounds a bit weird. Not my favourite, but still I like them.

hawk11

Reaction score

Yes, I know Sir Lord Baltimore! :grinthumb
They're pretty heavy, but the vocals sounds a bit weird. Not my favourite, but still I like them.

Yeah SLB does sort of have a campy Spinal Tapsque sound about them, though I still like them a lot. Not to mention that they are fellow Brooklynites which is always a plus :grinthumb.

Though thinking about it I would say that Dust was better being both their albums were gems. SLB's second album wasn't quite as good as the first IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online