DRAGONFORCE etc ...Prog or metal ?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Yes I've heard the same thing Cosmic, in fact in one discussion years ago someone who was at one of their concerts was pissed right off because they were so drunk they could barely function on stage, and kept drinking throughout the whole show...:nw:

But...I really like their first two records when I am in a metal mood.:hb:

Checked Allmusic's site and 2010's live album was their last release so I guess time flies, I thought there was at least 3 years since their last record.:peek

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
They put out a live album?.....Really?.....Well that sounds like it could be a disaster. Who knows, maybe they just beefed it up by rerecording their parts in the studio. :bonk:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I wouldn't call them prog at all. They are speed metal/ power metal. Personally I think that they are just a studio gimmick band.

I got drug out to one their shows by a girl I used to know years ago and they were really awful live. They couldn't really pull off the material live at all and that made me think that they may have even sped up some of the riffs using studio pro or whatever. I wasn't a fan of the album that I was given that they released either so maybe I'm just not a fan but I have heard the same about their live performances from many others.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
They put out a live album?.....Really?.....Well that sounds like it could be a disaster. Who knows, maybe they just beefed it up by rerecording their parts in the studio. :bonk:

I can't really hold that against them Cosmic, many artists have done that over the years but DF sure comes in for a lot of criticism concerning their lack of professionalism on stage.

the live album...Twilight Dementia isn't all that bad actually

Unlike some hard core fans Recky I enjoyed Ultra Beatdown, it was an attempt to change things up a bit which is always risky.

I am curious about the 2010 live album...is it the original band line-up releasing old live material, or was it with a new lead singer or did the band reconsider and keep the original singer? As you can see I am out of the loop when it comes to DF.:peek

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Marc Hudson (no not my rainbow bearded friend) it looks to be there LG. His name popped up in the DF thread and I found this clip online of his first show with them supporting Iron Maiden.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Well that answers that question MP, they did turf their original singer after all. Thanks for the update.:hab:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I looked into it LG and the live album has the original lead singer on it. (What's his name, ZP Thatcher or something kind of dumb sounding like that?)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Then you know much more than I do Cosmic. I haven't looked into this band for quite some time. They seem to be fading fast anyway soon to join the thousands of others who made a splash and then faded into the background in a short period of time.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online