Donovan (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Donovan

I too am surprised that there was no thread, why didn't I think of it, dash it. I have a rake of his albums and recently purchased the remaster of Sunshine Superman.

I was lucky enough to see him a few years ago ( not in my local pub) and he was very good and he sang my fave track " Season Of The Witch "

Guitartlp

Steal your face
Reaction score

I heard this on XM a while ago. I really enjoyed it alot. This seems a little more electric than alot of his stuff.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I actually discovered Donovan through a commercial that came on the T.V. one day, and 'Sunshine Superman' was playing in the background. I wondered, what is that song? Because I was sure I had heard it somewhere before. So I googled it, and sure enough it was our boy, The DON!

:heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score

I only have this album by Donovan but I enjoy it quite a lot! :grinthumb
51YTqDQGLTL._SL600_.jpg

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

At the time Donovan was popular, I was just coming out of grade school in to junior high. I was still listening to AM Top 40. Yet I did manage to enjoy three of his songs very much. Atlantis, Wear Your Love Like Heaven, and Sunshine Superman.

robpape

Reaction score

A lot of folks diss Donovan as a Dylan copyist...I like him because of his use of the best of British "session players" and some great riffs...Season of the Witch always reminds me of early Crosby Still and Nash

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

We can't forget his most awesome duet with the COOP on Billion Dollar Babies!! :grinthumb

036b.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online